Your Favorite TV Show Now Promotes Open Borders and Black Lives Matter

Geee

your-favorite-tv-show-now-promotes-open-borders-and-black-lives-matter
American Greatness

Millions of Americans continue to watch network TV shows—not exactly a favorite pastime of the chattering class. The primary audience for these programs is older Americans living out in flyover country, the kind of people who aren’t aware of the latest trendy show on Amazon Prime or Netflix. The audience generally prefers more conservative programming that doesn’t feature gratuitous violence, nudity, or overbearing political messages. They just want to be entertained as they relax at night. 

But the big networks want to change that. They’re partnering up with far-left activists to promote radical causes to their viewers—and the executives don’t care if it offends their audiences. The execs want America to think like they do.

The writing was on the wall last summer when pretty much every TV network and streaming service wholeheartedly endorsed Black Lives Matter, “To be silent is to be complicit. Black lives matter,” Netflix said in a message shared across its platform. CBS, Fox, Amazon Prime, HBO, and several other titans of the TV industry shared similar messages. Networks canceled popular unscripted police shows such as “Cops” and “Live PD” to appease those moved by the Black Lives Matter moment.

The statements and cancellations indicated networks would take additional steps to infuse their programming with overtly political messages. Sure enough, they are now doing so—and they are reaching out to left-wing groups to help them in this project.

One of these groups is Define American, an open-borders group led by illegal immigrant journalist Jose Antonio Vargas. Define American has worked with 75 film and TV projects across 22 networks to promote a pro-amnesty, pro-mass immigration message. Hit shows such as NBC’s “Superstore,” ABC’s “Grey’s Anatomy,” OWN’s “Queen Sugar” and CW’s “Roswell, New Mexico” are among its clients. CNN recently highlighted the group’s work on “Superstore.” The sitcom features an illegal immigrant character named Mateo. Showrunners consulted with Define American to ensure the character’s story supported liberal immigration policies.:snip:

Super woke company alienates millions of customers

When it comes to employee expenses, businesses struggle with categorizing the receipts that flow in and dispensing reimbursements. Expensify is a popular software company that automates many of those tasks for its 10 million clients. Up until about five minutes ago, it was a profitable company that had attracted over $38 million in funding. However, David Barrett, the Founder, CEO, and Director couldn’t keep his Democrat political opinions to himself. As a result, the company instantly began to hemorrhage customers.:snip:

Top-Down White Penitence Is Shaking Up and Roiling the American Workplace

A white physician working in Raleigh, North Carolina, says he has participated in multiple diversity training exercises—including two in the last two years—without a fuss. But he was taken aback when his employer, Duke University Health System, said this summer it will roll out a comprehensive strategy to purge the last vestiges of racism from the workplace.

The way it looks to him, Duke basically wants him to admit he’s a racist and repent.

Like a growing number of organizations around the country responding to the death of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter movement, Duke is adopting anti-racist advocacy as an organizational mission.

That mission doesn’t mention time-honored workplace goals like color-blindness, meritocracy, or equal opportunity; instead, its target is the so-called complicity of America and its citizens in “structural racism,” “oppression,” and denialism.

The left is actively working to undermine the integrity of our elections. Read the plan to stop them now. Learn more now >>

“I feel like my employer is calling me ‘racist’ and I then saying I must agree,” the doctor, who requested anonymity, told RealClearInvestigations.

He said he is troubled that Duke’s leadership is imposing its political ideology on staff, implicating employees in a sweeping moral narrative, and dedicating itself to the task of “uncovering this hidden racism the employer is sure lurks within.” :snip:

19 minutes ago, Geee said:

Super woke company alienates millions of customers

When it comes to employee expenses, businesses struggle with categorizing the receipts that flow in and dispensing reimbursements. Expensify is a popular software company that automates many of those tasks for its 10 million clients. Up until about five minutes ago, it was a profitable company that had attracted over $38 million in funding. However, David Barrett, the Founder, CEO, and Director couldn’t keep his Democrat political opinions to himself. As a result, the company instantly began to hemorrhage customers.:snip:

Friend of mine who runs a biotech company canceled his @expensify account. He emailed a few of us about it: "If I wanted to pay someone to tell me to vote Democrat I'd enroll in a university"

:lmfao:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Geee said:

Top-Down White Penitence Is Shaking Up and Roiling the American Workplace

A white physician working in Raleigh, North Carolina, says he has participated in multiple diversity training exercises—including two in the last two years—without a fuss. But he was taken aback when his employer, Duke University Health System, said this summer it will roll out a comprehensive strategy to purge the last vestiges of racism from the workplace.

Well good luck with that! Pack A Lunch.

When I got laid off and retired I worked for Donaldsons Co. Inc. They were always Very PC. I was always getting into trouble for Not taking the HR meeting/seminars seriously. Apparently Middle and Upper management have no sense of humor when some skinny old wise ass cracked jokes or up his head down and napped in the meetings. Got a friend who tells me 'You Would Not Believe This Place Today."