Rantz: At least 118 Seattle police officers left department in mass exodus

Valin

rantz-seattle-police-exodus
My Northwest.com

Jason Rantz
October 16, 2020

(Snip)

At least 118 officers left the Seattle Police Department

At least 118 officers have separated from the force in 2020, with the bulk leaving after the Seattle City Council embraced radical activists pushing to defund the police. Separations are all-inclusive, including resignations (including lateral-moves to other agencies) and retirements.

While council members either stayed quiet as criminal activists attempted to murder police or defended death threats, officers gave their notice. Some went to other departments, others retired. The downward trend is expected to continue.

The mass exodus of officers started in May with 10 separations, followed by 16 in June, 10 in July, and 14 in August. In September, that number jumped to 39. So far in October, there have been eight separations according to a source, though this is not in the mayor’s report. Police Chief Carmen Best, who resigned this year, is included in the statistics.

(Snip)

Brady White Is Every Police Officer in America

Jeff Reynolds

Oct 16, 2020

Here at PJ Media, VodkaPundit has published two columns by Brady White, a cop who has had enough and decided to speak out. That’s a pseudonym, of course, because Brady White fears retribution from his superiors for speaking out. Brady says he’s heard from cops all across America, thanking him for speaking out and telling the world what the police face every day from an *increasingly ungrateful America.

White reached out to me this week and agreed to come on my podcast to elaborate on the problems faced by cops in America’s cities during a year of civil unrest with calls to defund the police. As he said in today’s column, a mass exodus is underway, leaving America’s cities thoroughly unprotected. The streets have descended into chaos, leaving average citizens vulnerable as violence and crime skyrocket.

Rick Moran wrote at PJ Media today:

(Snip)

“It’s a war of attrition,” White continued. “You’re spinning your wheels. No one wants to do this job right now. There’s not a whole lot of people who are signing up to become law enforcement officers anywhere. I can tell you that in my department we all talk. There’s a whole lot of people looking to make a move by the end of the year.”

Despite the constant negativity about the police in the media and at the nightly riots, however, White says he gets thanked by average citizens way more than many might realize. “A lot more people than you think, even today, thank me and my co-workers for what we do on a daily basis,” he said. “It happens a lot. I always tell them and they’re like, ‘yo, I’m sure you don’t hear that a whole lot.’ I tell them the same thing every time. You would be surprised how much I actually do hear that, but that does not sell newspapers and it does not sell ads in primetime on cable news. Whether it’s a white officer being thanked by a black person, or a black officer being thanked by a white person, or just, you know, working a gay pride parade and, you know, the guys that are on the float come down and literally shake your hand and say thank you for keeping them safe during their parade. That’s happened to me on numerous occasions. I’m just here to make sure that you have a good time. Are you happy right now? Good? I’m here to protect your freedom.”

(Snip)

________________________________________________________________________________

* Only by some.