‘RALLY TALLY’ Update and More Incredible Trump Car, Truck and Boat Rallies

Valin

rally-tally-update-incredible-trump-car-truck-boat-rallies
Gateway Pundit

Joe Hoft
October 11, 2020 at 1:18pm

Yesterday provided another example of the different campaigns in the pursuit for the White House. 

President Trump was in the White House where he welcomed 2,000 members of the Blexit group – notice more than 100k viewers at PBS:

Trump-White-House-Blexit.jpg

Biden was in Erie, PA where he visited the local plumbers union – notice Biden had 6,000 views online and more thumbs down than up:

Biden-Rally-in-Erie-Oct-10.jpg

Since Labor Day the President, despite contracting COVID which severely limited his ability to promote his campaign, is absolutely crushing Biden in Event attendance by supporters:

Trump-vs-Biden-Rallies-1536x1505.jpg

(Snip)

(Snip)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

General Election: Trump vs. Biden (4-Way

This doesn't make sense! 10's-100's of people show up for Biden rallies....1000's+ show up for Trump rallies, yet the RCP Polls all show Biden leading often by double digits.

A Dose of Optimism

John Hinderaker

October 13, 2020

It is an odd election season. Pretty much everyone thinks the Democrats are on their way to a crushing victory, yet it is hard to see why. A whopping 56% of Americans say they are better off now than they were four years ago, and President Trump draws large, enthusiastic crowds wherever he goes. Meanwhile, Joe Biden is a pale shell of his formerly buffoonish self. When Joe is able to get out of bed, his campaign schedules intimate invitation-only events. Supposedly this is because of COVID, but everyone knows it is really because he doesn’t want to be embarrassed by his inability to draw a crowd. Probably no one outside of Biden’s immediate family particularly wants him to be president.

So what is going on? One possibility is that the conventional wisdom is wrong. At Townhall, Kevin McCullough, who has a pretty good record as an election forecaster, argues that we should believe our lying eyes:

To be exceedingly clear — I find no evidence of a Biden win outside of the media polls.

The candidates already know that the president is winning by a mile. President Trump can’t help but to continue to draw massive crowds (even while in the hospital.) Every weekend, in every state, in hundreds of cities bikers, truckers, boaters, horse and buggy people, and regular pedestrians are having larger and larger participation in various parades of support from Miami to Manhattan and from Beverly Hills to Capitol Hill. Meanwhile Biden has trouble getting more than a dozen to show up at a tour stop in Yuma. And we all know people who say “I didn’t vote for him then,” or “I wasn’t really sure about him in 2016,” who have converted to “I’ll crawl over broken glass to vote for him now.”

I was far from sure about Trump in 2016, but it would take an AK-47 to stop me from voting for him this year.

(Snip)

From The Comments

DrDB 32 minutes ago

Those of us in the data and research business know the public opinion polls are not what they used to be. The problems:
1) caller ID
2) technology to block calls from unknown or undesirable callers
3) number portability -- live in Miami but have a 914 area code
4) reluctance of people to trust unknown callers
5) patience to wade through 20 questions
6) demographic lying
7) proliferation -- used to be every call was personal and important
8. dramatic reduction in house holds with landlines
9) media and social doxing

I'm sure I'm leaving out a few. There has been no rational accommodations to these factors. Instead to get numbers of respondents the pollsters have gone to even LESS reliable methods including online polls and extensive "modeling".

The bottom line is that polls today are self-selecting and not a random sample. It would be like lining up people to ask their favorite food and only being able to record the responses of a small number of kindergarteners.