Minnesota’s $6.9 million COVID morgue converted into storage facility, media barred from entering

Valin

minnesotas-6-9-million-covid-morgue-converted-into-storage-facility-media-barred-from-entering
Alpha News

Lawmakers learned in June that the facility had yet to be used for its intended purpose, which remains the case.

Anthony Gockowski

October 6, 2020

Gov. Tim Walz’s administration purchased a warehouse for $6.9 million in May to be used for the “temporary storage of human remains,” but the facility was recently converted into a storage space for vaccines and other medical supplies.

The facility was intended to serve as “a building where we can properly handle with dignity and respect and safety the bodies of Minnesotans who may fall victim to the coronavirus,” Minnesota Homeland Security and Emergency Management Director Joe Kelly said at the time of the purchase.

“It’s an uncomfortable topic for a lot of people, but we need to have a capability, we need to have a plan for a large number of deaths,” he said.

As of Monday, Minnesota had a total of 2,083 COVID-19 fatalities, 1,487 of which occurred in long-term care facilities.

(Snip)

Video

The Minnesota Casedemic

Related............

Wisconsin’s Ron Johnson says media ‘whipping up hysteria’ over COVID-19

Wisconsin’s death toll hit 1,381 on Monday. That is 1% of the people who’ve tested positive.

Benjamin Yount

October 6, 2020

(The Center Square) – One positive test is not worrying Sen. Ron Johnson.

Wisconsin’s Republican U.S. senator says people in Wisconsin, and the media, need to keep his positive coronavirus test in perspective.

Johnson tested positive for the virus on Friday. He said he’d tested negative a couple of times before that, and was surprised to get the positive test.

Johnson told News Talk 1130 WISN’s Jay Weber Monday morning that he had not had any symptoms.

“I am not downplaying COVID,” Johnson said. “I didn’t want to get it. I hope I don’t develop symptoms, but we have to put things in perspective. The vast majority of people who get COVID probably won’t realize they have it.”

(Snip)