Catholic Cardinal: 'It's Better to Vote for a Good Protestant Than a Bad Catholic'

Geee

catholic-cardinal-its-better-vote-good-protestant-bad-catholic
CNS News

:snip:On EWTN's The World Over, host Raymond Arroyo asked Cardinal Muller, "Before I let you go, the Catholics for Biden group -- a member of which is coming up shortly -- they are openly endorsing Joe Biden as the Catholic candidate for president. Now, Donald Trump isn't even Catholic, so maybe this is academic. But would you say it is possible for any catholic to endorse a candidate, given their public and platform that the Democratic Party now represents, where the pro-life plank has been dismissed, it opposes church teaching on family and religious freedom. Can a Catholic support somebody like that, much less vote for them?"

Cardinal Muller, the former head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, the Vatican office that maintains and defends the integrity of the faith, said, “I think as we are citizens in a pluralistic state with religious freedom. And, I don’t support a candidate in Germany because he is Catholic but because he has the right understanding of life and the basics for human rights."

"And it’s better to vote for a good Protestant than for a bad Catholic," said Muller.  "We must judge according to what they are doing and not only [according] to their words. That is biblical criteria. Look to the fruits.” :snip:

• Like 1

@Geee

A New Ecumenism? One not just based on Belief (ie Christianity), but based on True/Real Tolerance, Freedom of Speech/Belief? One where a Cardinal Muller, Dave Rubin, Dennis Prager, Pastor John MacArthur can stand shoulder to shoulder in defense of ordered liberty and Freedom. Against the Insanity...dare I say Evil running abroad.

• Like 1