A GOP colleague questions Sen. Ron Johnson's investigation of Joe Biden

Geee

Milwaukee Journal

As he prepares to complete his Senate investigation into Joe Biden and the Ukraine, Wisconsin Republican Ron Johnson is making no secret of how he wants his report to be seen by voters in the 2020 election.

“What our investigations are uncovering, I think, will reveal that this is not somebody that we should be electing president of the United States,” Johnson said of Biden, the Democrat who’s leading President Donald Trump in the polls.

“I just don’t think Joe Biden ever should have run for president,” Johnson said in the same interview with a Janesville radio station Tuesday.

Johnson’s public comments about his investigation are drawing fire from Democrats who accuse him of using the Senate committee he chairs to pursue a partisan probe aimed at helping Trump’s reelection bid.

And a committee member in Johnson’s party echoed that criticism when the Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs panel met Wednesday, days before the expected release of Johnson's report on Biden.  

Johnson's office said Thursday that he had been exposed to someone who tested positive for the coronavirus, but that he had tested negative. His office said he would be quarantining until Sept. 29 but that wouldn't affect the release of the report. 

Utah Sen. Mitt Romney said the inquiry involving Biden has “had the earmarks of a political exercise, and I’m fearful that comments made in the media recently have only confirmed that perspective.”

Romney appeared to be referring to Johnson’s own recent statements about the investigation.

In a radio interview last month, Johnson said that exposing “corruption” in the Obama administration “would certainly help Donald Trump win reelection and certainly be pretty good, I would say, evidence about not voting for Vice President Biden.”

In a video conference with GOP supporters Monday, Johnson said of his forthcoming report, “Stay tuned. In about a week we're going to learn a whole lot more of Vice President Biden's unfitness for office.”:snip:

Thoughts From The Ammo Line

Ammo Grrrll invents a new hashtag and commences a new campaign: #YEAH, ME NEITHER. She writes:

(Snip)

Some people, used to Logical Thinking, might believe that television political pundits billed as “Republican” and paid as such would actually BE rooting for the Republicans. Haha. It’s Scorched Earth Time. No scrap of successful “Trumpist Fighting Spirit” must remain in The Party of Your Running-to-Lose Betters lest the middle class get uppity ever again and think that OUR inalienable rights are more important than illegal aliens’ rights.

Virtually NO media stars billed as “Republican” are planning to vote for the standard-bearer of the Republican Party, or even down ballot. There’s Anna Navarro, Max Boot, Jennifer Rube-Hater, Jonah Goldberg, Bill Kristol, and on and on. Mr. Kristol is actually “playing” DJT in the pretend debate practice for Biden while the Democrats continue to pretend there will BE a debate. (Imagine Cossell’s voice: “It’s The In-Trum-bent vs. Joey Sundown in the existential match called: ”The Fella Leaves the Cellah”. My goodness, fans, stop the fight! Stop the fight! Sundown can’t find the ring even holding his wife’s hand!”)

This depressing cabal of wealthy pundits and mean girls is all-hands-on-deck in putting us smelly, uneducated, dentally-challenged religious nuts in our place forever. You say you are none of those things, except religious? #Yeah, Me Neither. College grad. Bathes daily. Uses deodorant. Regular Oral Hygiene. Admits would rather kill terrorist masterminds than unborn babies, so, clearly, a religious nut.(Snip)