Nearly 20 percent of Millennials, Gen Z in NY believe Jews caused the Holocaust: Survey

Geee

survey-shows-young-new-yorkers-lack-of-holocaust-knowledge
NY Post

Nearly 20 percent of Millennials and Gen Z in New York believe the Jews caused the Holocaust, according to a new survey released on Wednesday.

The findings come from the first ever 50-state survey on the Holocaust knowledge of American Millennials and Gen Z, which was commissioned by the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany.

For instance, although there were more than 40,000 camps and ghettos during World War II, 58 percent of respondents in New York cannot name a single one.

Additionally, 60 percent of respondents in New York do not know that six million Jews were killed during the Holocaust.

“The results are both shocking and saddening and they underscore why we must act now while Holocaust survivors are still with us to voice their stories,” said Gideon Taylor, President of the Conference on Jewish Material Claim Against Germany.:snip:

@Geee

Nearly 20 percent of Millennials, Gen Z in NY believe Jews caused the Holocaust: Survey

Translation: "Nearly 20 percent of Millennials, Gen Z in NY are dumber than a small pile of rocks."

I would suggest they don't breed....but given their level in intelligence they probably don't know how. So this is not a real problem.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a larger note, after spending some time on Youtube, I am constantly amazed at the *ignorance of so many younger people. The younger they appear to be the more ignorant they appear to be.

* I said Ignorance...not Stupidity. No one has ever really taught them any History...Civics etc. What I find scarier is so many (apparently) have no curiosity about learning any history/civic etc. 

30 minutes ago, Valin said:

@Geee

Translation: "Nearly 20 percent of Millennials, Gen Z in NY are dumber than a small pile of rocks."

I would suggest they don't breed....but given their level in intelligence they probably don't know how. So this is not a real problem.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a larger note, after spending some time on Youtube, I am constantly amazed at the *ignorance of so many younger people. The younger they appear to be the more ignorant they appear to be.

* I said Ignorance...not Stupidity. No one has ever really taught them any History...Civics etc. What I find scarier is so many (apparently) have no curiosity about learning any history/civic etc. 

I am shocked at how little (what I consider) important things are left out of todays curriculum. What they are not taught (OR what they ARE taught) about history is startling and no wonder they don't know dirt about how their government is supposed to run OR how it was formed - they really don't teach it any more. It was a requirement to graduate grammar and high school back in the 'old days' (you know, when we went to school ;)). If you didn't pass the test, you didn't graduate. 

I couldn't figure out how Blacks could vote Dem or be in favor of Planned Parenthood because of the past. Well, that's conveniently left out. Just the 'hero' Dems (Johnson) who put in place the give aways that were supposed to fight poverty.

42 minutes ago, Geee said:

I am shocked at how little (what I consider) important things are left out of todays curriculum. What they are not taught (OR what they ARE taught) about history is startling and no wonder they don't know dirt about how their government is supposed to run OR how it was formed - they really don't teach it any more. It was a requirement to graduate grammar and high school back in the 'old days' (you know, when we went to school ;)). If you didn't pass the test, you didn't graduate. 

I couldn't figure out how Blacks could vote Dem or be in favor of Planned Parenthood because of the past. Well, that's conveniently left out. Just the 'hero' Dems (Johnson) who put in place the give aways that were supposed to fight poverty.

Something I read a while ago "Public Education used to be about Informing students. Today its about Indoctrinating Them.

We spend by a large amount more than anyother country of education. (If memory serves) we're #28, in education. Begs the question WTF!

I think a large part of the problem is for quite some time (decades?) people have paid little or no attention to Boards Of Education.

PS  What is so sad is with that little silicon chip....all this knowledge is available to Everyone...generally for free.

Edited by Valin
PS
  • Like 1