Crime Comes to the Suburbs [Updated]

Valin

crime-comes-to-the-suburbs.php
Power Line

John Hinderaker

September 14, 2020

Edina, Minnesota, is an elite suburb that formerly had one of the most outstanding public school districts in the country. That was before Edina’s school system went “woke” and began prioritizing indoctrination over education. In recent years, Edina’s schools have slipped badly in objective test measurements.

This coincides with the city’s transformation from a Republican bastion, as recently as 25 years ago, to a deep-blue outpost of progressivism. How is that working out for Edina? In addition to the decline of the town’s schools, crime has arrived. As law enforcement has collapsed following the George Floyd riots–a development that was applauded by many, likely most, Edina residents–the chickens are coming home to roost. So we see news of carjackings:

(Snip)

UPDATE: From bad to worse–now it is a shooting in the parking lot of Fairview Southdale Hospital, an hour and a half ago:

Fairview Southdale Hospital is under lockdown Monday night while police search for a shooting suspect.

According to the city of Edina, police were called just before 8:55 p.m. on the report of a shooting in the hospital parking lot.

(Snip)

From The Comments

Stuckinmn 10 hours ago

I live just south in the PWB (that's prestigious west Bloomington to you non-locals) and actually saw a Trump yard sign in my neighborhood. Brave soul.

My lib neighbor across the street asked me if I thought it was safe to put up an anti-trump sign. I said it's your property, do whatever the heck you want. But can you imagine the delusion that she'd be unsafe in the twin cities, or frankly anywhere, by sporting anti-trump logos? The reverse is definitely not true.

I propose a challenge to the Duefferts of the world- I'll wear a Biden shirt to a Trump rally if you wear a Trump hat to a blm rally (or a Biden rally if he ever has one). Any takers?