First lady Melania Trump: 'Be Best' is advocating that every child find a loving, safe and forever family

Geee

be-best-every-child-forever-family-melania-trump

America’s kids need us now more than ever. The disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemichave had a serious impact on America’s children and those who care for them, from parents and teachers to child welfare workers and foster families.

The Trump administration is committed to ensuring that children benefit from the care and support of loving, permanent families, preferably in their own homes whenever possible. We are doing all we can to establish commonsense solutions that best serve our children in the welfare system.

As part of my Be Best campaign, I have made foster care a top priority. It remains our generation’s responsibility to help our children overcome the many issues they face today, which may include their social, emotional and physical well-being.

Right now, there are over 400,000 children and youth in the foster care system and 124,000 of them are awaiting permanent placement with a forever family. It is our time to be the voice for these thousands of children waiting for a forever family — and it is our time to decide on how we proceed so we can do the most for children in need.

On June 24, President Trump signed the historic Executive Order on Strengthening the Child Welfare System for America’s Children. This executive order aims to strengthen America’s child welfare system through three key actions: improving partnerships, resources and oversight.

The executive order is the next great step towards our goal of creating long-term solutions for America’s most vulnerable. And with this great momentum, I’m working with the Administration for Children and Families at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to continue our journey towards helping children waiting in the foster care system find loving, safe and forever families.:snip: