The Lie of Portland’s “Anti-fa”

Valin

the-lie-of-portlands-anti-fa

Douglas Murray

June 30 2019

There was a time when “anti-fascist” meant what it said. People who opposed fascism called themselves “anti-fascists.” But then the term slipped. The definition of “fascist” became hazy from over-use and so the term “anti-fascist” also began to move. This might seem to be a theoretical matter. But it is one that ends up encouraging and condoning horrific scenes like those in the center of Portland on Saturday.

For some time self-described “anti-fascists” or “anti-fa” have been finding spurious and imaginary reasons for demonstrating in the city. Though these are less like demonstrations than carnivals of civil disobedience, violence and intimidation. One of the very few journalists to have taken an interest in the repeated shutting down of the city center by these groups has been the young journalist Andy Ngo. Despite the police apparently regularly handing over the city to “anti-fa” to do what they want, there has been relatively little coverage of this whole story in the mainstream press.  And despite being repeatedly hounded and intimidated by anti-fa, on Saturday Ngo once again went to cover events in Portland.

This time the ‘anti-fa’ went even further than they have before, with several of their number assaulting Ngo, stealing his equipment and repeatedly smashing his face with weapons and projectiles. It appears that the Portland police once again stood by and allowed this to happen.

(Snip)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Three Arrests Made After Violent Antifa Protests In Portland

Amanda Prestigiacomo

June 30 2019

(Snip)

According to Fox 12 Oregon, the arrests included two females and one male, all of whom are in their early 20s:

Gage Halupowski, 23, on charges of second-degree assault and assault on a public safety officer.

James K. Stocks, 21, on the charge of harassment.

Maria C. Dehart, 23, on the charge of second-degree disorderly conduct and harassmen

screen_shot_2019-06-30_at_5.31.06_pm.jpg

Screenshot: Portland Police Bureau

(Snip)

As I have said before. One of these times antifa/sjw's are going to have a "protest" at the Wrong place, the Wrong time, to the Wrong person. The "protestors" will find out We have Guns, We like Guns, We know how to use Guns. Truth be told I am surprised it has not happened already. At some point (and fairly soon I suspect) we, the sane people WILL strike back. I am reminded of Christopher Walken the lion speech