Minority report

Geee

minority-report

President Trump raised eyebrows earlier this year by claiming that Republicans were on the cusp of a major breakthrough with Hispanic voters. “Many Hispanics will be coming over to the Republican side, watch!” he tweeted in January. It’s not the first time he’s made such a prediction. Under fire for his rhetoric about illegal immigration in his campaign announcement speech, then-candidate Trump vowed to win over Latinos. 

“I think I’ll win the Hispanic vote,” Trump declared at the U.S.-Mexico border all the way back in 2015. “I have thousands of Mexicans and Hispanics [working for me] and I think when it comes right down, I don’t know if you saw the polls, but they just did a big poll in Nevada, the state of Nevada, and I’m way ahead. … More importantly, as far as I’m concerned, I’m way, way ahead with Hispanics.” 

Trump did not actually win the Hispanic vote, nationally or in Nevada. But neither did he do worse than the typical Republican. In fact, he slightly outperformed Mitt Romney in the polls, carrying 29 percent of Latinos to the 2012 GOP nominee’s 27 percent. Nor did the Republicans’ share of Hispanics hit rock bottom in the midterm elections last year.:snip:

Puzzling(?), only if you buy into the whole Group Identity idea. One of the reasons Republicans don't do well with minorities is they don't ask for their support. By asking I don't mean showing up at an NAACP meeting 2 weeks before an election. I'm talking about going door to door Today, then Next Week and the Week after...etc. Explaining what they want, why they want it, and how it will benefit minorities.  Democrats/The Left have taken for granted minority votes, this accords Republicans/The Right with a golden opportunity to make inroads.