Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-265.php

Scott Johnson

Mar. 22 2019

Ammo Grrrll is not seeking higher office and therefore can identify STUPID AND DANGEROUS RULES FOR GIRLS. She writes:

The awesome Heather Mac Donald had her usual brilliant take a few weeks ago on Joni Ernst’s disappointing objections to Neomi Rao’s judicial confirmation based on her college writing about what women can and should do to protect themselves from sexual assault.

As I understand Senator Ernst’s objections, the new rule is: Under no circumstances should girls and women EVER have to assume any responsibility for decisions that could adversely affect them. NOTHING is girls’ and women’s fault. EVER. GOT THAT?

There is no such thing as women actually in charge of either their decision-making or their appearance or their bodies in general. There is only toxic masculinity (Def.: ANY masculinity), and an entire pathetic sex of helpless victims. We have come full circle from the Victorian fainting couch with a brief pit stop in the “I am woman, hear me roar” and Xena Warrior period to the current need for a Safe Room, Play-Doh, and Twitter Mob to make sure nobody dares to step out of line.

(Snip)

Almost every case where details were released involved the accuser being alone with this icky married man – either in a hotel room or in his own home with the wife nowhere in sight! – often allegedly in search of “help” with or “advice” on the woman’s potential career. And, oh yeah, always with alcohol involved.

The popular feminist trope that women comics were somehow “held down” by powerful men is the usual poppycock peddled by the talentless and the envious. I got lots of help from men in my comedy career. We met in restaurants and offices. There was neither “hanky” nor “panky,” although club owner Dudley Riggs (now in his 90s, bless him) did once offer me his clean white hanky to mop my brow when we had extremely hot Sri Lankan curry in a restaurant. Does anyone have Gloria Allred’s cell? Maybe there’s still a chance that that was some kind of micro-aggression. A WHITE hanky? Clear dog whistle.