At 13 She Can Get an Abortion... but She Can't See This Movie':

Valin

at-13-she-can-get-an-abortion-but-she-cant-see-this-movie-whats-the-deal-with-r-rated-pro-life-film-unplanned
CBN

Charlene Aaron

Mar. 21 2019

"Unplanned," the highly anticipated film about former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life activist Abby Johnson was assigned an "R" rating last month by the Motion Picture Association of America.

Supporters of the film attended a premiere screening in Los Angeles Monday, including singer and songwriter Joy Villa.  

"I am a pro-life woman," Villa said in an interview with CBN News. "I had an unplanned pregnancy when I was 20-years-old. Domestic violence situation. It was rough. I was pressured by everyone, including the nurse who did my pregnancy test, to give my child an abortion. To murder my child. I said no. I'm not going to do that. I didn't know what I was going to do. I cried. I prayed to God. And he showed me adoption as the option."

(Snip)

The film's writers and directors, Cary Solomon and Chuck Konzelman, who also wrote "God's Not Dead" and "God's Not Dead 2," believe the R-rating is purely political.

"Hollywood is about politics," said Solomon. It's not about making movies. It's sad. It's about propaganda with Hollywood. And we are pro-life guys in a pro-choice town.  And so we are not liked, and our movie is not going to be liked. So, to expect that they would give us a fair rating, ok, not going to happen. And so, we kind of knew that. We wished for the best, understood that the worst could possibly happen. When we got the R, didn't surprise us." 

(Snip)