OCASIO-CORTEZ BLAMES PIPELINE THAT HASN’T BEEN BUILT YET FOR AN OIL SPILL

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
ocasio-cortez-keystone-pipeline-oil-spill

Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez blamed the Keystone XL pipeline for leaking about 5,000 barrels of oil in rural South Dakota about two years ago.

There’s just one problem: The Keystone XL pipeline has not been built yet.

During a House hearing Tuesday, Ocasio-Cortez claimed that “Keystone XL, in particular, had one leak that leaked 210,000 gallons across South Dakota” while she questioned Wells Fargo president and CEO Timothy Sloan.

tVQ0BUxe_normal.jpg

.@RepAOC: "Mr. Sloan, why was the bank involved in the caging of children?" @AOC to #WellsFargo CEO

Embedded video

Ocasio-Cortez probably confused the Keystone XL pipeline with the Keystone pipeline, which has been operating since 2010. Keystone XL is still under construction, but would also bring oil sands from Canada to Nebraska where it would connect to existing pipeline.

________

She seems to be confused as a rule...

NowhereMan1966

And this stupid, uppity, post turtle got elected.  She has to be a post turtle, no one this stupid would have been elected, well, I don't know the voter in the Bronx/Queens, well....  Even so there are powers that be behind her.  I'd say, send her back to Puerto Rico (and cut them loose from the U.S.), originally, I'd say the Twilight Zone but the Twilight Zone makes more sense than her and they would not want her.