Leno laments today's late night shows: 'Everyone has to know your politics'

Geee

433765-leno-laments-todays-late-night-shows-everyone-has-to-know-your-politics

Former NBC "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno said Tuesday that he doesn't miss hosing a late night show and lamented that “everyone has to know your politics” in today's late-night comedy world during an interview with NBC's Al Roker.

"Do you miss being on the show, or is it such a different time that it would be hard to do?" "Today Show" host Roker asked Leno.

"No, it’s different. I don’t miss it. You know, everything now is, if people don’t like your politics ... everyone has to know your politics," Leno replied.

"I kind of used Johnny’s model, people couldn’t figure out. 'Well, you and your Republican friends' or 'Well, Mr. Leno, you and your Democratic buddies.' And I would get hate mail from both sides equally," Leno said, referring to his predecessor at the "Tonight Show," Johnny Carson. 

"But when people see you as one-sided, it just makes it tough," Leno, 68, continued. "And plus, I did it when, you know, Clinton was horny and Bush was dumb, and it was just a little easier. :snip:

NowhereMan1966

I miss Johnny Carson and even Jay Leno.  If it was not for President Trump, these guys would be out of work.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:43 PM, Geee said:
433765-leno-laments-todays-late-night-shows-everyone-has-to-know-your-politics

Former NBC "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno said Tuesday that he doesn't miss hosing a late night show and lamented that “everyone has to know your politics” in today's late-night comedy world during an interview with NBC's Al Roker.

"Do you miss being on the show, or is it such a different time that it would be hard to do?" "Today Show" host Roker asked Leno.

"No, it’s different. I don’t miss it. You know, everything now is, if people don’t like your politics ... everyone has to know your politics," Leno replied.

"I kind of used Johnny’s model, people couldn’t figure out. 'Well, you and your Republican friends' or 'Well, Mr. Leno, you and your Democratic buddies.' And I would get hate mail from both sides equally," Leno said, referring to his predecessor at the "Tonight Show," Johnny Carson. 

"But when people see you as one-sided, it just makes it tough," Leno, 68, continued. "And plus, I did it when, you know, Clinton was horny and Bush was dumb, and it was just a little easier. :snip:

I wonder what their ratings are?