Tim Pool and Joe Rogan take Twitter to task

Valin

tim-pool-and-joe-rogan-take-twitter-to-task

Barrett Wilson

Mar. 5 2019

Today on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast, Tim Pool and Joe Rogan unleashed a torrent of research and specific proof that seemed to confirm that Twitter is censorious, has a bias against conservative users and operates with ideological blinders on.

The guests on the podcast were independent journalist Pool, Twitter boss, Jack Dorsey, and Head of Trust and Safety, Vijaya Gadde.

(Snip)

• Like 1

Whole Show

Jack Dorsey is a computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur who is co-founder and CEO of Twitter, and founder and CEO of Square, a mobile payments company. Vijaya Gadde serves as the global lead for legal, policy, and trust and safety at Twitter. Tim Pool is an independent journalist. His work can currently be found at http://timcast.com

Mar. 6 2019

Tim Pool joins Dave to discuss his appearance on Joe Rogan yesterday addressing censorship concerns with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey.

14 hours ago, Valin said:

:o:o

I never send Twitter PM (in fact I don't use Twitter anymore) , but I do occasionally PM on FB. I suppose it's the same there. Fortunately, I have never PM'd anything that couldn't be public.

18 minutes ago, Geee said:

:o:o

I never send Twitter PM (in fact I don't use Twitter anymore) , but I do occasionally PM on FB. I suppose it's the same there. Fortunately, I have never PM'd anything that couldn't be public.

This is the Dark Side of me Hinge of History.

Censored: Twitter Bans Iran Refugee After the Mall of America Locked Him Up for Sharing His Faith

Tyler O'Neil

March 8, 2019

Last October, Twitter banned Ramin Parsa, a former Muslim Christian pastor refugee from Iran who had recently suffered unlawful imprisonment for speaking about his faith with Somali Muslims in the Mall of America. Twitter banned him after he had retweeted President Donald Trump and expressed doubt as to whether or not early reports of the "MAGA bomber" were real.

According to Twitter, the social media network only suspends accounts if a person has violated the Twitter Rules either repeatedly or in an egregious manner. The company often gives warnings or notifications first. It often suspends an account and identifies one particular tweet which the company says violates its rules, and if the user will delete that tweet, he or she will be reinstated.

Parsa told PJ Media that none of these things applied in his case. His account was simply suspended with no warning and without an indication as to which tweet supposedly warranted the suspension. When he emailed them back, they repeated the tired statement that his account violated Twitter's "Terms of Service."

(Snip)

Oh I'm Sure It Was Just An Unfortunate Accident! :rolleyes: