Twitter Suspends Candace Owens’ Account for Mimicking Sarah Jeong’s Racism

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
twitter-suspends-candace-owens-account-for-mimicking-sarah-jeongs-racism

Twitter slapped Turning Point USA Communications Director Candace Owens with a temporary suspension after she highlighted racist posts made by Sarah Jeong, the recent New York Times hire whose long history of bigoted tweets about white people has placed the newspaper at the center of a public outcry. The beleaguered platform then reversed the ban, calling it an “error” in an email to Owens.

Owens’ tweets mimicked the wording of Jeong’s, with one important difference: Owens substituted the words “Jewish people” for “white people,” in an attempt to show that some forms of racism are considered more acceptable than others.

Donald Trump Jr. made a similar point in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News this weekend, when he said “people would be losing their minds” if Jeong had made her bigoted comments about black people or Hispanics.

Twitter, already under fire from Republicans (including the president) over political bias, now appears to have proven her point.

Even though Jeong made the following tweets, she has not been suspended, and the tweets remain undeleted.

________

Some tweets are more equal than others.

NYT's embattled Sarah Jeong: President Trump is 'basically Hitler'

Valerie Richardson

Monday, August 6, 2018

sarah jeong @sarahjeong

I was equating Trump to Hitler before it was cool

3:33 PM - 7 Dec 2015

sarah jeong @sarahjeong 2 Dec 2015

So let me get this straight

2 replies 5 retweets 6 likes

We are reliving the fall of the Roman Empire, but also Trump is Hitler, and charitable foundations are the medieval church

10:14 AM - 2 Dec 2015

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

She's gonna fit in Just Fine!

Let’s stop saying “protesters” when you’re talking about a mob

Jazz Shaw

August 7 2018

Yesterday we all saw the news of what happened when Candace Owens and Charlie Kirk attempted to have breakfast at a restaurant in Philadelphia. At the time I didn’t feel particularly inspired to write anything about it because it just all seemed so predictable at this point. But I noticed one headline from the Independent in Britain this morning which caught my attention because it contained such an obvious, glaring error in the headline. “Candace Owens chased out of restaurant by left-wing protesters.

Why are we sticking with this idea that any group of people who decide to gang up on someone they disagree with are “protesters?” Since we’re all supposedly in the business of demanding honesty these days, far better to take the approach that John Sexton did yesterday and just call them what they are… a left-wing mob.

The Owens/Kirk incident was hardly an isolated event. We’ve all seen what’s happened to White House officials recently when they show up in public on their own time. Whipped into a frenzy by Maxine Waters’ barely disguised calls for violence, this is becoming the new normal. But here’s a few clues for the oblivious. If you are engaged in blasting a bullhorn inches from somebody’s ear or dumping drinks on them, you are not “protesting.” That is technically a battery. If you are banding together to utter “primal screams” you are not engaging in “speech.” That’s a sign of someone who is either in a strange form of therapy or badly in need of a therapist. Showing up at a gathering with your face covered in black rags and carrying a baseball bat doesn’t make you an activist. It makes you an armed thug.

(Snip)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Candace asks a very good question at the end.....Who's Funding This?

Related

I have no proof, but nothing would surprise me less than to find out Drug Gangs are behind Black Lives Matter.

• 2 years later...

[url=https://thepostmillennial.com/nyt-journalist-calls-for-censorship-of-andy-ngo]NYT journalist calls for censorship of Andy Ngo[/url]

I know people at Twitter follow me. Please read this thread. The people who live in this city with me have long known that Andy is a very real threat to our neighbors.
Any effort by @TwitterSafety seeking to offset reprehensible disinformation that flourishes here and the carnage that disinformation has wrought should absolutely include banning @MrAndyNgo. Few on this platform have purposefully trafficked in deceit that results in violence 1/