Pelosi calls questions about her leadership 'sexist'

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
pelosi-calls-questions-about-her-leadership-sexist.html

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi claimed in a recent interview that sexism is behind some of the calls for her to relinquish power in the Democratic Party. 

Pelosi, D-Calif., who has faced opposition even inside her party, was asked in an interview with Rolling Stone whether she had ever been “tempted to step away” from her post as House minority leader.

Pelosi responded by suggesting a double standard was at play, compared with men in leadership positions. 

“I think some of is it a little bit on the sexist side—although I wouldn’t normally say that,” Pelosi said in the interview. “Except it’s like, really? Has anyone asked whatshisname, the one who’s the head of the Senate?”

Pelosi seemed to forget Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s, R-Ky., name, and was reminded by an aide during the interview.

"McConnell," she corrected. "I mean, he’s got the lowest numbers of anybody in the world. Have you ever gone up to him and said, ‘How much longer do you think you’ll stay in this job?’"

Pelosi added, "Nobody ever went up to Harry Reid and said that. Nobody ever says that to anybody except a woman. But it’s a thing."

________

McConnell isn't the one having brain freezes every time he speaks...