Hillary Clinton Pens Facebook Post to Defend Decision Not to Fire Employee for Sexual Misconduct

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
clinton-pens-facebook-defend-decision-not-fire-employee-sexual-misconduct

Hillary Clinton took to Facebook on Tuesday just hours ahead of President Donald Trump’s first State of the Union address defending her decision to retain a male campaign worker who sexually harassed a female on staff.

The post comes after the New York Times reported the incident last week.

Clinton wrote in her post that men should be held accountable for their actions and everyone, regardless of gender, should protect women from any abuse.

In the lengthy post, Clinton didn’t, however, reflect or comment on her husband, President Bill Clinton, who lied about his sexual conduct with a White House intern and was accused by several women of sexual assault.

“I very much understand the question I’m being asked as to why I let an employee on my 2008 campaign keep his job despite his inappropriate workplace behavior,” Clinton wrote. “The short answer is this: If I had it to do again, I wouldn’t.”

Nonetheless, Clinton defends her decision, saying that she thought reprimanding the offender, cutting his pay and access to the victim, and ordering the man to undergo counseling. She also promoted the victim.

“Through it all, I’ve always taken firing very seriously,” Clinton wrote. “Taking away someone’s livelihood is perhaps the most serious thing an employer can do.”

________

#YouToo, Hillary...