Michelle Obama to frightened Americans: 'All we have is hope'

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
371776-michelle-obama-to-frightened-americans-all-we-have-is-hope

Michelle Obama has a message for Americans who are frightened by the current political climate: remain hopeful.

"All we have is hope," the former first lady says in a preview clip from Thursday's "Ellen" show. Obama's sit-down with host Ellen DeGeneres marks her first TV interview since leaving the White House last year.

"People are afraid, but then there are people who feel good about the direction of the country, so I mean, that’s what makes this country complicated because it’s made up of so many different people from different backgrounds," Obama tells DeGeneres, when asked what advice she'd give people who find the world to be a "scary place right now."

"The thing I learned in the eight years that I was in the White House is that what we do every day in our lives, the good things that we do every day — and we know we do it: we show empathy, we care for each other, you know, we do have a lot in common," says Obama. "That’s what it means to lead with hope and not fear."

________

Then why is her side pushing the fear?

There is a more recent photo of Michelle heading to the beach.  Malia is with her in a hoodie pulled low as if she is embarrassed.