Farewell to the National Football League

WestVirginiaRebel

The NFL, etc., etc., etc.

Henry Racette

September 25, 2017

48 COMMENTS

I’m going to try to make this the only post I write on this gaudy, stupid subject.

As regards the rights of these players who feel justified in showing disrespect for our country, that’s a matter of employment law and the terms of their contracts. I don’t care whether they are allowed to stay in the game or not: I won’t watch the NFL as long as they’re doing it, but I wasn’t watching the NFL anyway so it hasn’t impacted my life.

As for the rightness of what they’re doing, I think they are, at best, fools. At worst, they’re spoiled, thankless fools.

The implication of kneeling during the national anthem is that the country does not deserve their respect. The further implication is that America is a racist nation, a nation that tolerates and even encourages institutional injustice, perhaps a nation in which, as Black Lives Matter puts it, black people are “systematically targeted for destruction.”  :snip: https://ricochet.com/457407/the-nfl-etc-etc-etc/

Ratings Down for NFL in Wake of Constant Protests, Politicization; Many Fans Say "Goodbye"

—Ace

In the wake of the Steelers deciding, except for one single brave man, to remain in their locker room during the National Anthem, former Steelers fans are burning their Steelers shirts and gear.

Fans have posted numerous videos on social media of themselves burning their Steelers gear.

"I'm a lifelong Steelers fan, not anymore. Not a fan of you, the NFL, any of it," says Jim Heaney on YouTube.

Heaney posted the video of himself setting all of his Steelers gear on fire following the team’s decision to decide to stay inside the locker room/tunnel during the national anthem.

"And I hope all your ignorance burns too," Heaney says as he throws his Steelers gear on the fire.  :snip: 

In total, 200 players -- 23% of the league -- chose to protest the flag.          :snip: 

1 hour ago, Draggingtree said:

Let’s get this straight, The Dallas Cowboys which is American’s team will be playing tonight.

We shall see if they participate in this protest.   I am reading commentary that they will.  

11 hours ago, Draggingtree said:

i will not watch it on TV, i'll just listening to some of the game grilling Johnsville Brats along with Bud Light, so there 

I grew up with the cowboys... saw them many times in the Cotton Bowl...  with Landry, Dandy Don, Roger, Too Tall, Hayes, etc when they were THE Cowboys.  Often saw them off the field in many business or other venues... and they were very different people than what we see today on the Cowboys or almost every other team.
They're history as far as I'm concerned now too....

The NFL is on a suicide mission.

• Like 1

Shall We Have a Conversation About Arrest Statistics for Those Privileged NFL Players?

An NFL player is arrested, on average, every seven days.
Did you know, that as of this writing, it's been 24 days since an NFL player was arrested? The odds that we would go that long in between player arrests are 25 to 1! In case you were wondering, there's an entire website dedicated to tracking all the NFL players who have been arrested.
Oops. I just checked again. It's now been zero days since an NFL player was arrested. Thanks, Los Angeles Ram Ethan Westbrooks! Westbrooks was arrested this weekend for speeding and being in possession of an unlicensed firearm. This is the second time in bracelets this year for Westbrooks, who was arrested in March on suspicion of domestic violence (the charges were later dropped).:snip:

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 7:38 PM, Valin said:

Villanueva apologizes for standing during anthem

Paul Mirengoff

September 25, 2017

Alejandro Villanueva was lauded today for standing up during the national anthem while his less patriotic Pittsburgh teammates all refused to honor it, electing to stay off the field instead. However, Villanueva has now apologized for his show of respect for America. He claims it was the result of a misunderstanding of what the team was going to do. You can read his explanation here.

Villanueva tweeted:

Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself, I feel embarrassed.

He added:

I made coach Tomlin look bad, and that is fault and my fault only. I made my teammates look bad, and that is my fault…only.

(Snip)

Today, I heard former NFL player Tiki Barber say, gloatingly, that these mass pre-game protests (of whatever) are here to stay. “Get used to it,” he instructed us.

Barber may be right. But players and coaches like Tomlin better get used to being hated and reviled by a goodly portion of America and a goodly portion of the NFL’s fan base.

(Snip)

F*** Em!  :angry:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, clearvision said:

DKnCUKtVwAEi_gm.jpg

At least they did it before the National Anthem.  Supposedly stood for the actual Anthem.  Did not watch so don't know.

:thumbdown:  well I don't care for this kind bull .......

Stop Wrapping the Flag Around Pro Sports

3 HOURS AGO Ryan McMaken

Desperate to fill hours and hours of air time on 24-hour news channels, media corporations have made sure the discussion of the correct posture of National Football League players has been front and center. 

Apparently, before grown men can chase a little toy around a grassy field for a few hours, it's absolutely essential that they take part in a variety of pro-government rituals. This was not always the case, though, and prior to the twentieth century, it was hardly expected that a ballgame be preceded by a recitation of the national anthem or any other song of national allegiance.

Indeed, the current pantomime in which NFL players are expected to stand at attention for the national anthem is of extremely recent origin. As Tom Curran pointed out on Comcast Sportsnet, prior to 2009, football players "weren't on the field for the national anthem and instead generally remained in the locker room." 

And why did players start making a display of their "patriotism" in 2009? It turns out the government gave them taxpayer money to do so

In 2009, Barack Obama's Department of Defense began paying hundreds of thousands towards teams in a marketing strategy designed to show support for the troops and increase recruitments. The NFL then required all players and personnel to be on the sidelines during the national anthem, in exchange for taxpayers dollars. Prior, the national anthem was played in the stadium but players had the option of staying in the locker room before heading out to the field. 

Furthermore, teams that showed "Veteran's Salutes" during games were paid upwards of $5.1 million dollars.  :snip:   https://mises.org/blog/stop-wrapping-flag-around-pro-sports

Collecivist Roots of NFL's Anthem Protest

Any form of entertainment is of little consequence in the issues of the day, but the NFL's acceptance of the "take a knee" response to the national anthem is a bit different in the sense that it illuminates the manner and method of the collectivist efforts to destroy any semblance of American culture, something that has been under assault for decades.

Now, if Colin Kaepernick had wanted to protest whatever it is that he is protesting, I would have no issue with it, but when it is the national anthem that is being protested it affects the American culture. But it is all a ploy; it is really to show the weakness of the American resistance to collectivism. If the collectivists can go into a uniquely American activity and attack it ruthlessly and obtain the results they want, which is to have the national anthem banned at sports activities, they expose the thin dedication to American principles held by the average American. It is designed to discourage patriotism and to bolster the enemies of the American system.

The national anthem bolsters patriotism; it reminds us of the price paid for freedom is the blood of our people, the lives of our soldiers.   
:snip: http://christianmerc.blogspot.com/2017/09/collecivist-roots-of-nfls-anthem-protest.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ChristianMercenary+(Christian+Mercenary)

will nfl demand respect for old glory?

View all posts from this blog

By:Pat Buchanan | September 26, 2017

"America refuses to address the pervasive evil of white cops killing black men, and I will not stand during a national anthem that honors the flag of such a country!"

That is the message Colin Kaepernick sent by "taking a knee" during the singing of "The Star Spangled Banner" before San Francisco '49s games in 2016. No NFL owner picked up his contract in 2017. But a few players began to copy Colin and to "take a knee."

Friday night in Alabama, President Trump raged that any NFL player who disrespects Old Glory is a "son of a b----h" who ought to be kicked off the field and fired by his team's owner. And if the owners refuse to do their patriotic duty, the fans should take a walk on the NFL.

And so the stage was set for NFL Sunday.

Two hundred players, almost all black, knelt or sat during the national anthem. The Patriots' Tom Brady stood in respect for the flag, while locking arms in solidarity with kneeling teammates. :snip: https://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/will-nfl-demand-respect-for-old-glory/

Trump, Football, and Natural Right(s)

By Bill Kilgore| September 25, 2017

Sunday was a rough day for the NFL and for football fans.

U.S. Senator Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), never one to miss an opportunity to oppose President Trump, made sure to tweet his guidance to the adults of America: “NFL players: You have the right to protest Trump.”

The problem for Sasse is this controversy has nothing to do with anyone’s rights; and even less to do with Trump.

Trump’s battle with the NFL about anthem protests is about what is right, not one’s rights. The whole affair is not about what one can do, but about what one should do.

To start, Trump has made as appropriate an argument as one can make about public displays of disrespect for one’s country. It was entirely based on freedom of association and the free market. Players, as private employees, can protest America by kneeling during the National Anthem. Likewise, owners can, as Trump suggested, say “get that son of a bitch off the field. He’s fired!” Nowhere has Trump argued that it should be against the law to kneel, or  :snip: https://amgreatness.com/2017/09/25/trump-football-and-natural-rights/

Don’t Ever Let It Become:  “Oh America, one day I looked back and you weren’t ther

By Judi McLeod  September 26, 2017

Were the NFL players and management rehearsed by Barack Hussein Obama for that fateful day when they would publicly turn against the country where they were born, hoping to lead America into the dark when the time was right?

Yes. Sadly, they were.

In a world going terribly wrong, many already know that it is Obama doing it, they just don’t know what to do about it.

Sunday’s televised display of disrespect for America’s national anthem and flag was fully orchestrated and made to order

Sunday’s televised display of disrespect for America’s national anthem and flag was fully orchestrated and made to order some time during Obama’ s eight long years in the Oval Office.

Don’t buy into the media propaganda that first came Colin Kaepernick, then out of the blue one Sunday came hundreds of NFLers, openly insulting the national anthem by ‘taking a knee’.

Nor did the ugly expression “taking a knee” become an overnight sensation as the bumper sticker du jour.  It was slapped on from the get-go when Kaepernick decided to kick off the revolution instead of just another football.

The man they always called “Coach” was never really their coach, America-despising Barack Hussein Obama was.  Kaepernick ’s coach was Obama. :snip: http://canadafreepress.com/article/dont-ever-let-it-become-oh-america-one-day-i-looked-back-and-you-werent-the 

Jones.jpg

Good morning kids. Well, with the NFL on life support, I guess I was naive to pray that someone like Jerry Jones would be the last bastion of sanity who would stand in front of the oncoming SJW tank column and declare not one inch further. It could have been almost as pivotal a moment as the election of Donald Trump. But then last night, he did what only until even very recently, despite the pillars of our culture and society being torn down around us, I would have thought unthinkable. Oh, sure, he tried to have it both ways by kneeling before the Anthem and then locking arms with the players during the performance in a show of unity. What "unity" is that? The singing of the Anthem is supposed to be the unity, Jerry. And all this is a perfect illustration of what we face today. We are not two opposing sides that share the commonality and love of a nation and culture that allows us to work out our differences peacefully and lawfully. We are a nation divided, with one side that seeks to overthrow that nation by blood-libeling its existence, its collective memory and its soul. Sorry, Mr. Jones.        :snip:  http://ace.mu.nu/archives/371731.php

A Tale Of Two Knees

* Mitch Berg

Sept. 26 2017

SCENE:  Mitch BERG walks into Sluggo’s, a sports bar on University [1].  NFL games are on on six big-screen TVs around the room.  Around five, there are small, dilatory groups watching games.  Around one TV, though, there are a group of people crowded around; men in “Che Guevara” and “Don’t Park the Bus” t-shirts, a few younger women in similar attire, older women in “peasant” dresses.   BERG recognizes several people from the group:  Avery LIBRELLE, Moonbeam BIRKENSTOCK, Inge CARROLL, Edmund DUCHEY, Brian FURIOUS, Sol GALLIVAN, Gutterball GARY, Cat SCAT, Professor William KRIEPPI, Gretel STROMBERG, Betty Rae TORSTENGAARDSEN and other liberal activism / alt-media / blogging mainstays.

BERG:  So…uh, hey.  Watching some Football?

LIBRELLE:  Yes, Merg.  It’s the American pastime!

BERG:  (thinks about it, decides not to pursue the error).  Huh.  So all of…(points at the crowd, who seem to be staring, uncomprehending, at the screen)…you are football fans.

DUCHEY:  My whole life.  While you’ve been writing “Sh*t in the Park” (some of the other gathered liberals snicker) I’ve been watching the Vikings greats like Pele and Bill Havlicek.

BERG:  Huh.

(BERG looks, notices that the teams have not yet taken the field.  Suddenly, it dawns on him).

(Snip)

* World Famous Neo-Nazi Hateful Hater and Snappy Dresser

Sheila Jackson Lee is spending her time mugging for the camera to show solidarity with a bunch of millionaire sports figures...  

Didn't they have a little hurricane damage in the area that she represents?    

Then I assume that she's already fixed everything and she can turn her attention to important stuff.

59caa0fbda87b_Rep.SheilaJacksonLeeKneelsOnHouseFloorInSupportOfNFLPlayersVideoRealClearPolitics2017-09-2614-42-49.jpg.eb5ddff2ec4959a57354727771159f57.jpg59caa104980fc_sheilajacksonleedistrictmap-GoogleSearch2017-09-2614-46-37.thumb.jpg.c81d95915a094f6405bf085ce07c8e9f.jpg

• Like 1