Kelly tightens his grip on the West Wing

Geee

347180-kelly-tightens-his-grip-on-the-west-wing

The departure of Steve Bannon, the strategist who helped transform President Trump’s campaign into a populist juggernaut, indicates the White House is evolving rapidly under its new chief of staff, John Kelly.
Trump’s decision to shift Kelly from secretary of Homeland Security to chief of staff was widely seen as a potential turning point for the White House. Allies praised him as a steady hand who could bring discipline to a team roiled by infighting, leaks and palace intrigue — contretemps that often involved Bannon. 
Bannon was shown the door on Friday, providing perhaps the strongest signal yet of Kelly’s growing clout. 
But even though Kelly has wide latitude to enforce discipline, it’s clear that the biggest management challenge for the retired four-star general is the president himself.
In Kelly’s brief three-week tenure, Trump has publicly attacked prominent members of his own party — including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) — unnerved the world with aggressive rhetoric on North Korea and issued widely criticized and equivocal statements on white supremacist violence in Charlottesville, Va.
In a telling moment that hinted at Kelly's reported frustration with his boss, he stood with his eyes to the floor during the president’s bellicose press conference on Charlottesville on Tuesday, visibly grimacing as Trump railed about violence "on both sides.":snip:

• 2 weeks later...

Geee

Trump struggling with John Kelly's strict operation: Report

Daniel Chaitin

Aug 31, 2017, 11:39 PM

President Trump is having a difficult time accepting the strict operation in the White House run by chief of staff John Kelly, according to a report Thursday.

Sources closed to the president tell The Washington Post that Trump is struggling with the adjustment as the former Marine Corps general has brought a sense of discipline to a West Wing beset by leaks and infighting.

"[Trump's] having a very hard time," one friend who spoke with Trump this week told the Post. "He doesn't like the way the media's handling him. He doesn't like how Kelly's handling him. He's turning on people that are very close to him."

(Snip)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

General John Kelly is doing a fantastic job as Chief of Staff. There is tremendous spirit and talent in the W.H. Don't believe the Fake News

3:40 AM - 25 Aug 2017

Geee, nickydog

It has gotten to the point where if I see a story about Trump coming from the Washington Post/NY Times a former newspaper...etc my 1st thought is That's BS. Thing is they have cried wolf so often, that when there is a real scandal/crisis in this administration I (and many many others) won't believe them.

maybe we should start calling then the Chicken Little Media

6edb7faa233bc9f5e6bc2b4c69f46bda--email-

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Valin said:

Geee, nickydog

It has gotten to the point where if I see a story about Trump coming from the Washington Post/NY Times a former newspaper...etc my 1st thought is That's BS. Thing is they have cried wolf so often, that when there is a real scandal/crisis in this administration I (and many many others) won't believe them.

maybe we should start calling then the Chicken Little Media

6edb7faa233bc9f5e6bc2b4c69f46bda--email-

Huffpo is the home page of AOL - their first 3 running articles most always are negative Trump Admin stories.

I'm entering the last 100 pages of the biography of George Washington by Ron Chernow.  It is excellent.  Turns out old George had a rough time with the press, too.  So it started way back then.

• Like 2