Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-178.php

Scott Johnson

August 4 2017

Ammo Grrrll seeks to make the world safe for PUNCHING DOWN. She writes:

A co-worker of mine from long ago stood 6’4” and weighed in at about 240 pounds of mostly muscle. He said that in his late teens and early twenties he and his buddies would often ride around to bars in neighboring suburbs and small towns looking for a fight. It was the ’50s, no weapons were involved, and the fight usually ended with the first bloody nose or split lip. Just bored young men with a lot of testosterone, phony ID, and not a lot to do.

He said he won all but a couple of fights, largely because he was too stubborn to fall down, and he quit the pointless exercise when he got engaged. But he told me something that stuck with me. He said the worst guy to fight was somebody considerably smaller than he was. He called this “The No-Win Situation.” He said, “If I cleaned the guy’s clock, the whole bar would turn on me for picking on a little guy, even if he was drunk, obnoxious and clearly started it. And if he ambushed me and knocked me around a bit before I got in a punch, the crowd would still cheer for him as the underdog wailin’ on the big guy. I could not win.”

(Snip)

Take Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi– PULEEZE. Sorry, Henny. These awful women are in very powerful positions and at least one is a billionaire. To declare a “no-go” zone from pointing out that one has a Carter-era speed limit IQ and the other would be a good poster girl for dementia may seem merciful, gallant, even. But that mercy is misplaced. They should not be exempted from criticism just for being stupid, female and/or black. They punch viciously and continuously, expecting, like the woman on the trolley, like the women in those movies, to get a perpetual free pass. They have designer handbags stuffed with Race Cards and Sex Cards to play whenever anyone does fight back. There are no expiration dates on these prized cards ever.

Here’s what I believe with all my heart: There is no such thing as punching “down.” A punch is a punch and if you punch me first, there is a very good chance you will be punched back. As comedian Ron White would say, “I’ve seen me do it.”

• Like 1