Debunking the EPA’s Fake Accounts of the Gold King Mine Disaster

Geee

debunking-epas-fake-accounts-gold-king-mine-disaster

After almost two years, the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Office of Inspector General released its report on the Gold King Mine disaster that dumped over a million pounds of metals into the Animas River, turning dozens of miles of the river orange.
While inspectors general are tasked with finding out the truth and holding agencies accountable, this recently released report sheds no more light on the disaster than previous misleading reports.
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt has inherited not only an environmental mess, but also the mess created by an agency more interested in its narrow self-interests than truth. Pruitt now has an opportunity to send a message that would ripple far beyond the EPA.
The EPA Inspector General Report
Americans need an alternative to the mainstream media. But this can't be done alone. Find out more >>
The inspector general’s report lauds the expertise of the EPA officials (known as on-scene coordinators) and their crew, and essentially repeats EPA’s earlier claims.
There were two on-scene coordinators for the Gold King Mine project: a main on-scene coordinator, and one who was on site at the time of the disaster while the main one vacationed.:snip: