Nebraska Democratic Official Fired for Saying He Wishes Steve Scalise Was Dead: ‘I’m Glad He Got Shot’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
nebraska-democratic-official-fired-saying-wishes-steve-scalise-dead-im-glad-got-shot

A Nebraska Democratic official was fired Thursday after he was apparently recorded saying he wished Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) was dead, that he was glad he was shot, and called him a “motherfucker.”

The Omaha World-Herald reported that Phil Montag, the co-chair of the Nebraska Democratic Party’s technology committee, was removed from his position by Chair Jane Kleeb after Kleeb was given a recording of Montag’s comments posted to a black advocacy website.

Talk Real Solutions posted the comments in which Montag appears to call Scalise, the House majority whip, a “motherfucker” reportedly during a conversation at a private home in Omaha with Nebraska Democratic Party Black Caucus Chair Chelsey Gentry-Tipton and her friend.

Scalise was shot last week by a Bernie Sanders supporter during a Republican baseball practice. He remains in hospital in serious condition. But Scalise’s plight gets little sympathy from Montag.

“That motherfucker, the one that was shot…. this motherfucker, like his whole job is like to get people, to convince Republicans to f%#%@#$ kick people off f%#%@#$ health care,” he said in a heated discussion.

“I hate this motherfucker. I’m glad he got shot, I’m glad he got shot. I’m not going to f%#%@#$ say that in public,” he said before adding: “I wish he was f%#%@#$ dead.”

He is then told that the conversation was being recorded.

________

Hot mics are not your friend...