Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-167.php

Scott Johnson

May 12 2017

Ammo Grrrll notes an important point about the left to which our friend Bill Voegeli devoted an entire (invaluable) book: NEVER ENOUGH. Ammo Grrlll does here it in a single column:

I knew a child many years ago, abandoned by her mother at a young age, who kept reliving that feeling of abandonment by constantly upping the ante in demands until she was told “No” and she could have a meltdown.

One day we went on a lovely outing to a local park and rode on the paddleboats on the lake; she asked to go to an amusement park, which we did. She asked for so many treats she got sick. She asked to ride on many rides until she came to one for which she did not make the height requirement. She went nuts. “Why didn’t you say ‘No’ sooner, you ask?” I truly wanted to see exactly what it would take to make her happy. The answer: it couldn’t be done. She was damaged. It became quite clear that she didn’t ENJOY being happy.

Because most conservatives identify as responsible “grownups,” and many leftists of either sex identify as spoiled, mean, high school girls, I think “progressive” politics has proceeded in a similar fashion. I could give ten examples; I will just use one today.

There are many conservatives who either have someone in their extended family or know someone who is gay. So, when gay couples wanted to have some kind of commitment ceremony, many conservatives attended such events. (In one case, my very redneck neighbor in Minnesota hosted a ceremony in his backyard for a lesbian friend. The stupid, made-up epithet “homophobic,” like its cousin, “racist,” is flung like poo by monkeys, but is generally a lazy, convenient lie or wild exaggeration.)

(Snip)

• Like 1