THE INDECENT MR. FRANKEN

Geee

I recently recognized Minnesota Senator Al Franken as the de facto leader of the Democrats’ tin foil hat brigade. Last week Franken sought to enlist FBI Director James Comey in the brigade when he testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Comey politely declined.

Franken sees the tendrils of “a conspiracy so immense” between the Trump campaign and Russian operatives to defeat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential campaign. To expose the conspiracy, Franken has taken to asking hypothetical questions: Is it possible?
Franken’s own career as an alleged funnyman turned demagogue provides one answer. To quote Paul McCartney, “In this ever changing world in which we live in,” anything is possible.

Yesterday Franken took his turn with the Obama-appointed deputy attorney general who briefly served as acting attorney general before being fired by President Trump. Franken went full Joe McCarthy with her, recklessly smearing associates of the Trump campaign and administration officials including Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. Franken’s shtick reminded me of the famous incident involving Joe McCarthy attacking Fred Fisher at the Army-McCarthy hearings in 1954, but there was no Joe Welch to call Franken on his utterly reprehensible performance.

the-indecent-mr-franken.php

Geee

That's My Senator!

Franken rips Sessions for encouraging Comey firing

Olivia Beavers

05/09/17 10:01 PM EDT

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) hit Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Tuesday for recommending that President Trump fire FBI Director James Comey, calling it a "complete betrayal" of his vow to recuse himself from investigations into Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

“I am also deeply troubled by the fact that Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who pledged to recuse himself from the Russia investigation because of his own Russia connections, involved himself in Director Comey’s firing,” Franken said in a statement. “This is a complete betrayal of his commitment to the public that he wouldn’t be involved in the investigation.”

Sessions in March recused himself from any investigations into Russia’s election interference following reports he was in contact with Moscow’s U.S. envoy during the campaign.

(Snip)

• Like 1