Clinton: 'I was on the way to winning'........

Valin

hillary-clinton-why-i-lost-2016-election-237885

'I take absolute personal responsibility,' Clinton said, though she made no mention of any specific flaws in her campaign.

By Nolan D. McCaskill and Gabriel Debenedetti

05/02/17

Leading Democrats across the country have been calling for a full accounting of Hillary Clinton’s shocking loss to Donald Trump since November. They didn’t get it Tuesday when the former secretary of state spoke with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour.

In Manhattan for a Women For Women International charity luncheon, Clinton once again pointed her finger at Russian interference and FBI Director James Comey’s influence as the proximate reasons for her defeat, in her most extensive remarks yet on the topic.

For the first time, Clinton publicly took on some of the blame: “I take absolute personal responsibility,” she said. “I was the candidate. I was the person on the ballot. And I am very aware of, you know, the challenges, the problems, the, you know, shortfalls that we had.”

(Snip)

:lmfao:

clearvision

I did not hear her say it was because she was a women at least.

What a whiner.

She makes a snark about Trump interfering in Foreign Affairs.   Just what does that mean?  Being involved in foreign affairs is part of the President's job...

• Like 1

Is this why the latest polls don't give Trump high marks, but if the election were held now she would also lose the popular vote. People like her worse with time, not better.

• Like 2

Draggingtree

5/3/2017

Filed under: General — Dana @ 6:59 am

[guest post by Dana]

Iconic feminist.

As a result of everyone else losing the election for her, Clinton is now also part of the “resistance”:

“If the election had been on October 27, I would be your president,” she told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour at a Women for Women International event in New York.

“I take absolute personal responsibility. I was the candidate, I was the person who was on the ballot. I am very aware of the challenges, the problems, the shortfalls that we had,” Clinton said, before adding that she was “on the way to winning until a combination of Jim Comey’s letter on October 28 and Russian WikiLeaks raised doubts in the minds of people who were inclined to vote for me and got scared off.”      :snip:     http://patterico.com/2017/05/03/hillary-clinton-i-accept-responsibility-for-my-stunning-loss-even-though-it-was-really-everyone-elses-fault/ 

Faux Outrage and Melodrama over Comey’s Pre-Election Letter

If Director Comey had not conducted his July 5 press conference clearing Hillary Clinton, there would have been no cause to issue the October 28 letter to Congress.

Andrew C. McCarthy
May 4, 2017

(Snip)

That said, Democrats would now have you believe that history began on October 28. In reality, the critical context of that day’s letter to Congress was the Comey press conference four months earlier — on July 5 — followed by the director’s extensive congressional testimony in the days that followed. It makes no sense for Democrats to complain about the letter and its departure from protocol but ignore the press conference’s far more extensive departures. To the (debatable) extent that there was a need to notify Congress in late October that the investigation had been reopened, it was precisely because the director, in early July, had made a highly unusual, highly public pronouncement that the investigation was complete and the case too weak to charge.

You may recall the unrestrained Democratic glee over that particular breach of protocol.

Of course, smarter Democrats perceive this incongruity. Thus, rather than ignore the Comey press conference, they bowdlerize it, choosing to remember only the first three-quarters of Comey’s bravura performance. That, you’ll recall, is the part in which the director rebuked Clinton for her inappropriate conduct, her “extreme carelessness” in handling highly classified information, the cavalier culture that prevailed during Clinton’s State Department tenure regarding the need to safeguard intelligence, and so on.

What Democrats choose to forget, and hope you will too, is the closing section of Comey’s remarks. That was when he seized the power of the Justice Department to render legal conclusions about both the prosecutorial merits of the case and the interpretation of the relevant criminal statute. In this conclusion, not only did Comey claim that Clinton’s conduct did not warrant an indictment, he gratuitously added the declaration that no “reasonable prosecutor” could disagree with his assessment.

This was a specious claim, but it commanded a respectful hearing, having come from an official who was not just the nation’s top investigator but had been a highly accomplished, top-ranking prosecutor in his own right. And remember (even if Dems prefer that you forget), Comey’s “lack of criminal intent” theory swept aside not only the classified-information felonies but also Clinton’s willful destruction of tens of thousands of government records — more felonies. By the time the press conference ended — poof! — it was as if someone had taken BleachBit to the thought of filing such charges.

(Snip)

Draggingtree

The Hillary Interview: Cold Porridge

Mona Charen /  May 4, 2017 / 11 COMMENTS

Watching Hillary Clinton answer questions from Christiane Amanpour for 44 minutes is not exactly torture — it’s more like being forced to swallow a gallon of cold porridge.

Let’s leave personalities aside. Hillary’s is not very appealing to me (nor is Trump’s). But let’s pull back the lens and consider what, if anything, is to be learned about the current state of progressivism from this chat between two left-leaning women.        :snip:       https://ricochet.com/427117/hillary-interview-cold-porridge/ 

• Like 1

Men victimize women. Period.

All I can say is.......................

Poor Maggie being beat up by Evil Men!

Draggingtree

Hey, Hillary Clinton, shut the f— up and go away already.

By DrJohn  No Comments  Fri, May, 5th, 2017

Twitter

Gersh Kuntzman:

Hey, Hillary Clinton, shut the f— up and go away already.

I voted for Clinton on Nov. 8 and thought she’d be a good president.

But she lost. And she still wants us to feel bad about that. And, worse, she’s still blaming everyone else.

On Tuesday at the Women for Women conference, she reminded us again what a flawed candidate she was last year — and what a flawed person she has always been.

In her talk before a friendly audience, Clinton said she’s writing a memoir — and said it’s “painful” to revisit how Donald Trump beat her like a ragdoll in an election that was a lock.

Painful? We’re the ones in pain, Hillary. You’re making millions to process it. We’re the ones living it.      :snip:   http://www.floppingaces.net/most-wanted/hey-hillary-clinton-shut-f-go-away-already/