Trump Critics Exude Desperate Political Nihilism

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
trump-critics-exude-desperate-political-nihilism

Trump Critics Exude Desperate Political Nihilism

By Roger Kimball| May 1st, 2017

am glad that Donald Trump skipped the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Saturday and instead went to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, for a rally commemorating his first hundred days in office. He drew about 10,000 people, excoriated the swamp that is Washington, and dilated on many of the themes that put him in office: Immigration and the wall, jobs and economic growth, the bane of Hollywood and the corrupt media consorting with itself in D.C.

Naturally, the artificial but nevertheless ritually important 100th day of Trump’s administration elicited a huge disgorgement of commentary. The prize for the most surreal offering—at least, the most surreal I encountered—must go to David Remnick, editor of The New Yorker.

Remember “An American Tragedy”? That was Remnick’s truly unhinged response to Trump’s victory published on November 9 within hours of the election’s being called. “The election of Donald Trump to the Presidency,” Remnick wrote,           :snip:

I still hope to stream the rally when I get to wifi and have time and privacy enough to listen with earphones..they still give off a little noise to nearby people

Had some fun times over the years at 3 of the WHCD freeps.  Nice to have dinner afterward with the group and on TV watch the clips from the event.

• Like 1