Liberal temper tantrums have replaced debate

Geee

331354-liberal-temper-tantrums-have-replaced-debate

This week, protesters affiliated with an organization called People’s Action invaded the Capitol Hill premises of conservative policy shop the Heritage Foundation, calling it “Donald Trump’s think tank.”
Taking to Twitter, People’s Action boasted of taking over the nonpartisan think tank and declared that its “‘budget blueprint’ assaults marginalized communities.”

Across the country, at the Berkeley campus of the University of California, threats of violence prompted the cancellation of a scheduled talk by conservative provocateur Ann Coulter.

Coulter’s Berkeley detractors had thus made good on their promise to “shut it down,” which phrase has become a new rallying cry on the left—and happened to be among the angry chants of the protesters who “took over” Heritage.
For the left, it is no longer enough to voice dissent against political opinions and policy proposals with which they disagree; now the sources of those hated ideas are deemed hostile enemies to be neutralized by any means necessary, respectful discourse and healthy debate be damned.
Never mind the old-fashioned liberal notions of John Stuart Mill, who famously argued, “All silencing of discussion is an assumption of infallibility.” Mill believed that open dialogue and the resultant peaceful contest of ideas was the best way to uproot entrenched prejudices and the habits of lazy thinking.:snip:

• Like 1

Geee

Because I am a masochist I read the comments 1. Still a lot of ignorant people out there...2. Someone needs to tell our friends on the Left Denial is not a river in Egypt.

• Like 1

Reading the comments is tough to stomach....  whether it's CNN, the Huff Post, Fox or Breitbart...    Stupidity and lack of class in every direction.

2 hours ago, Valin said:

Geee

Because I am a masochist I read the comments 1. Still a lot of ignorant people out there...2. Someone needs to tell our friends on the Left Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Don't know whether to applaud you or send you to a therapist - I sometimes have trouble just getting through the articles.

1 hour ago, Geee said:

Don't know whether to applaud you or send you to a therapist - I sometimes have trouble just getting through the articles.

Wish I Could Help You.  :lol:

• Like 1