Caddell: What Is Pelosi’s Argument for Being Leader? ‘I’ve Done a Great Job Losing’?

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
caddell-pelosis-argument-leader-ive-done-great-job-losingBreitbart:

Democrat pollster and analyst Pat Caddell told Breitbart News Daily SiriusXM host Alex Marlow on Tuesday, “The biggest news should be that tomorrow, Nancy Pelosi will face a secret ballot vote” to determine the party’s leadership.

Pelosi is favored, per reports, but there are deep divisions within the party. Asked if she may be ousted as minority leader, Caddell said, “I think there’s a chance.”

‘The caucus is so small, relatively, and it’s made up of more of the farther left people from safer districts,” said Caddell, adding, “One-third of the membership is just from a couple states: California, New York, and Massachusetts.”

As for Pelosi, he said, “What is her argument: ‘I have done a great job losing the most number of seats for you over three or four elections? We’re still sixty seats behind'”?

Caddell said House Democrats’ problem is how far out of the mainstream they are. “The Democrats are facing problems in all of these states where they have just been wiped out down to the legislative level. The bench isn’t there,” he added.

Pointing out their strength on the coasts, especially California, Caddell said, “They are not the party of the rest of the country.”

“They’ve learned nothing,” said Caddell. “Nothing has changed since the election.”

________

The insane never do...

Pelosi Challenger Says He's Within 'Striking Distance' of Minority Leader

The Ohio Dem challenging House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) says he's within "striking distance" of the job a day ahead of caucus leadership elections.

Rep. Tim Ryan told CNN this morning that "we've got a lot of support and lot of people that are -- that are helping us."

One recent endorsement came from Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio), former chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus.

"I believe now is the right time for new leadership. As of January 2016, Democrats have experienced significant losses in the House and Senate, yet members have been asked for little to no input to address the reasons for these losses. We continue to rely on consultants who know less than we about our districts and our states," Fudge said in a statement last week. “I know Tim to be a good listener, motivator and inclusive leader. He is open to new ideas and will listen to the concerns and suggestions of all caucus members."Scissors-32x32.png

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2016/11/29/pelosi-challenger-says-hes-within-striking-distance-of-minority-leader/

Pelosi-f1d47-0132-300x200.jpegThe House Republicans owe thank-you bouquets to all the Democrats in the chamber:

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Wednesday fended off a challenge to her long leadership reign, defeating Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) in a closed-door vote prompted largely by Donald Trump’s unlikely ascension to the White House. Scissors-32x32.png