WHAT HAPPENED IN MINNESOTA (2)

Geee

what-happened-in-minnesota-2-2.phpPowerline:

I wrote about the remarkable results in Minnesota legislative races in “What happened in Minnesota.” The results were most remarkable in Minnesota state House races. In a presidential election year, when turnout traditionally favors Democrats, the GOP amplified its majority in the House, winning 77 seats to the Democrats’ 57. Remember, this is Minnesota we’re talking about.

House Speaker Kurt Daudt will return as such in the upcoming session. Much of the credit for the results belongs to him. Where circumstances created the opportunity, he seized it.

GOP House candidates flipped six DFL seats — two in rural Minnesota (one in the Bemidji area and one in the Grand Rapids area). Obama won both of these districts in 2012 and Trump won both districts this year.

GOP House candidates also flipped four seats in the Twin Cities suburbs, which have become challenging terrain. Trump got clobbered in these suburban districts, yet GOP candidates won with over 50 percent of the vote in Edina (Dario Anselmo defeated Rep. Ron Erhardt; Trump received 32 percent of the vote); in Shoreview/Arden Hills/Moundsview (Randy Jessup defeated Rep. Barb Yarusso; Trump received 38 percent); in Inver Grove Heights/Mendota Heights/Sunfish Lake (Regina Barr defeated Mary T’Kach in an open seat; Trump received 42 percent); and in St. Paul Park/Cottage Grove (Keith Franke defeated Jen Peterson in an open seat; Trump received 43 percent).Scissors-32x32.png

WHAT HAPPENED IN MINNESOTA (3)

In “What happened in Minnesota” I took a look at the most potent issue behind the remarkable results favoring Republicans in the state legislative races, which I noted as to the House races in part 2. I included a powerful ad that ran on the subject of Obamacare, Minnesota style, brought to us courtesy of Governor Mark Dayton. In the brief interview below with WCCO’s Esme Murphy on November 6, Governor Dayton responded in his patented style. I thought readers who have followed along might be interested in this. In its own way, it explains a lot.

Governor Dayton will not stand for reelection when his second term expires in 2018. I pray that President-elect Trump and Congress will get the ball rolling, but we sorely need a competent conservative Republican governor to work with a Republican legislature in order to begin to undo the damage Governor Dayton has done here.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/11/what-happened-in-minnesota-3.php

• Like 2