Sanctimonious gibberish from the Hamilton cast

Draggingtree

sanctimonious_gibberish_from_the_emhamiltonem_cast.htmlAmerican Thinker:

November 20, 2016

Sanctimonious gibberish from the Hamilton cast

By J. Marsolo

Mike Pence thought he would relax and enjoy himself by attending the hit Broadway show Hamilton. Instead, he got a lecture from a self-appointed sanctimonious spokesman of "diverse America," an actor from the non-diverse cast of Hamilton, who read the following gibberish directed to Pence:

We, sir – we – are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights," he said. "We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us.

The original casting call for Hamilton was for non-white performers, which was amended after some unfavorable publicity. Well, so much for a "diverse" cast.

I guess this actor missed Trump's victory speech, when he said he would be the president of all Americans.

Someone should explain to this New York City actor that the threat to him, his children, and his parents comes from attacks by Muslim terrorists. Scissors-32x32.png

The Hamilton Thing: It Really Is Very Simple

By Steve Berman | November 20, 2016, 07:54am

Folks, the whole Hamilton-Pence-Trump thing is very simple. I shouldn’t waste a lot of time explaining it, because many of the people who see it from the cast’s perspective won’t get the concept, and many who get it prefer to remain willfully blind. But for the sake of repaving the most paved road in history, allow me to share the simple principle.

People don’t like to be gratuitously lectured, especially when a response is demanded, or when the lecturers are lecturing to hear their own voices more than to make any point.

Brandon Victor Dixon, the actor who plays Aaron Burr, stepped out of character after the curtain call to read a few hastily crafted sentences directly to Vice President-elect Mike Pence.

These weren’t his personal words. They were written, edited and fearfully sculpted by multiple people in the Hamilton production, led by the show’s creator Lin-Manuel Miranda, along with director Thomas Kail. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://theresurgent.com/the-hamilton-thing-it-really-is-very-simple/

The Hamilton Thing: It Really Is Very Simple........

......We See A Bunch Of Childish Ignorant Morons Showing The World Just How Stupid they Can Be.

I've got a Hundred Dollar Bill That Says 6 Months Ago None Of These ...People(?) Even Knew Who Mike Pence Was.

• Like 1

Broadway Casts Can’t Cope

Great White Way famously celebrates its liberals, yet can't accept any other reality

November 20, 2016

by Zachary Leeman | Updated 20 Nov 2016 at 2:14 PM

Post-election America is somehow turning out to be just as unpredictable as pre-election America. The great political and cultural divide remains an expanding valley.

This was further proven by Vice President-Elect Mike Pence’s attendance at the hit Broadway musical, “Hamilton” — and what resulted from that. Pence was not just booed at the show by audience members, he was given a direct lecture by the cast of the play as he exited the theater. The vice president-elect, a true gentleman, paused to hear the message.

The cast of Broadway's breakout hip-hop musical attacked the character and humanity of Vice President-Elect Mike Pence from the stage after the show this past weekend — even encouraging the audience to pull out their phones to capture the moment. Donald Trump objected on Twitter to the treatment, while the social media outrage continues. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.lifezette.com/popzette/broadway-casts-cant-cope/

November 19, 2016 By Fausta 5 Comments

The rich girl’s guide to “Hamilton” tickets

Everybody is talking about “Hamilton” today because of this,

Ironic, isn’t it, that the guy giving the speech plays the character who killed the author of the Federalist Papers essay on the electoral college.

The cast didn’t explain exactly what they mean by “on behalf of the show”, but contrary to popular opinion, rich people don’t get rich by spending all they have, they get rich by keeping most of what they earn, which is why Broadway Wants Longer Tax Break as ‘Hamilton’ Prints Money “on behalf of the show.” http://faustasblog.com/2016/11/the-rich-girls-guide-to-hamilton-tickets/

• Like 1

Earth to Democrats: It's not about race!

https://www.hermancain.com/earth-to-democrats-its-not-about-race

herman-cain.jpg?itok=hCcZblvZ

Despite their obsession with it.

Normal Americans are thinking about their paychecks, their job security, their health insurance, the price of goods and services and the safety of their children. Because they always do.

The political class and the media are thinking about race. Because they always do.

So as Donald Trump prepares to take office precisely because he convinced Americans that he is in tune with the same things that are on their minds, you have the astonishing spectacle of Barack Obama during his final overseas tour, warning that he doesn’t want to see America fall under a tribalist nationalism in which everyone sees themselves as members of their group rather than as part of a unified nation.

You first, Mr. President. You first, Democrats. You first, media.

I don’t exactly know how it came to be that the political class is quite so obsessed with race. I can tell you that as a black conservative it gives rise to some interesting questions I’ve heard many, many times.

“How can you . . .?”

“But don’t you think . . .?”

“Doesn’t it bother you that . . .?”

Yep. I’ve heard them all. I’m a Republican because I generally agree with the Republican philosophies on economics, national security and social issues. I think for myself, so I don’t look down at my skin and wonder if I’ve done the wrong thing because my beliefs conflict with what black people are “supposed to think.”

And I find that most of these issues really have very little to do with anyone’s skin color. Tax rates aren’t about skin color. Foreign defense alliances aren’t about skin color. Maintaining roads and bridges isn’t about skin color.

Unless, of course, it’s in your political interests to insist that it is, because everything is about race. And that’s pretty much been the mantra of the left for the past several decades. When they can’t win an argument on substance, they scream racism. And when they’re having trouble defeating a Republican candidate, they manufacture a pretext for calling that person a racist even if any fair and objective assessment of him would suggest that he is not.

That’s what they tried to do to Donald Trump. He may have said a few things that, misrepresented and taken out of context, could be used to make him look like a racist. But anyone who really knows him knows that he doesn’t have even a hint of racism anywhere in his heart. Many people have been led to believe otherwise – which I guess is one of the reasons you’re seeing riots – but the truth is Donald Trump is a good man who loves all the people of this country, and wants to make things better for them.

That said, if Obama is concerned about tribalist nationalism, where does he think it might be coming from? Here’s a thought: Maybe the people who are constantly categorizing people by skin color, nationality and gender have spurred an understandable instinct in people to defend who and what they are.

When Hillary stood there weeks before the election and accused Trump supporters of being racists, sexists, homophobes and xenophobes, it may have had the effect of inspiring people to not only defend their character but also to defend the group from which they came. They might have never thought about it, or considered it very important, if Democrats and the media weren’t in their faces about it all the time.

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pence, ‘Hamilton’ and ‘conversion therapy’

Dec. 4, 2016

By CARL CANNON / Staff columnist / Updated 12:00 a.m.

h I did not vote for Donald Trump, but one of the most dispiriting aspects of this presidential transition period is hearing people I admire, such as Bruce Springsteen and “Hamilton” creator Lin-Manuel Miranda, defend such rudeness. So it was heartening to hear Springsteen’s lifelong pal and fellow E Street Band member Steve Van Zandt — whose politics aren’t much different than Bruce’s — take issue with the cast’s behavior.

“When artists perform, the venue becomes your home — the audience are your guests,” Van Zandt said. “It’s taking unfair advantage of someone who thought they were a protected guest in your home.”

Recently, a fellow baby boomer and I tried to explain to an idealistic millennial why the cast’s self-indulgence set such a terrible precedent.

“Hamilton” conveys a powerful message about inclusiveness, which Pence knew when he decided to attend, and the art should have been allowed to speak for itself. We played what we thought was our, well, trump card: “Pence is not Trump,” we said. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.ocregister.com/articles/most-737328-aspects-trump.htmltp://www.ocregister.com/articles