Ted Cruz is asked if he’s filling the vacant Supreme Court seat and he doesn’t exactly say no

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
ted-cruz-is-asked-if-hes-filling-the-vacant-supreme-court-seat-and-he-doesnt-exactly-say-noThe Blaze:

“And now I am happy to answer or dodge any question you like,” joked Senator Ted Cruz (R-Tx.).

This was right before he began a question and answer session after a small speech at The Federalist Society. After several questions, one audience member in particular wanted an answer to the question on everybody’s mind when it came to Cruz’s future.

“During the course of the campaign — particularly the primary — I did imagine you in another capacity,” began the audience member.

“So did I,” interrupted Cruz, causing the crowd to laugh.

“I’m wondering now,” continued the audience member. “If perhaps that ninth seat…any possibility?”

Cruz waited for the applause to die before answering.

“What I will say that history is long, and can take unexpected paths,” replied Cruz. “I think it is absolutely vital that that seat and every other seat that becomes vacant on the court be filled by principled constitutionalists who will be faithful to the law, and will check their own policy preferences at the door, and simply honor their oath.”

________

Here comes Justice Cruz?