Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-142.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

Nov. 18 2016

Ammo Grrrll reflects on the UNSOLICITED ADVICE in which we are awash. She writes:

Can it really only have been ten days ago that this miracle occurred? Every time I turn on TV or surf the Net, I feel like I used to feel when I would re-watch the DVDs of the 1987 World Series Twins victory. I was always terrified that THIS TIME the Twins might lose.

But no. We won! We won! So could we not have had ONE week of self-reflection before the Important People weighed in with their Open Letters, Ultimatums, and Non-Negotiable Advice to the President Elect? Particularly from the people who waged daily, snotty, sniping warfare upon him?

“Constructive” criticism is one thing; respectful disagreement is completely legitimate, even necessary, for a full and frank discussion. Anybody can make a mistake, misread the situation. Forgiveness is divine and all that. Still, the nasty, full frontal assault that Trump took from the party whose banner he ran under was unprecedented in my lifetime.

Well, Trump won against all odds, and now many people who were wrong want to tell him what he MUST do, including talent-free, self-identified child-molester Lena Dunham and the wretched Harry Reid, the most obnoxious politician America has ever produced, which is a very very high bar, indeed.

(Snip)

Hey, it sucks to lose. Just ask us. My last Presidential win was 2004. When Obama won in 2008 and 2012, they didn’t even have therapy dogs yet. We conservatives had to block traffic for weeks, throw Molotov cocktails at the cops (I mistakenly threw only Appletinis), smash windows, burn American flags and beat the crap out of random black people we found on the street. It was exhausting! Oh, no, wait. That NEVER happens, does it?

When the Democrats won, Obama crowed, “There was an election and we won.” He wouldn’t even meet with the Republicans in Congress or allow so much as a comma of input into the multi-thousand pages of disastrous Obamacare rules and regulations. They wanted credit for it all. Strict party lines. Mazel tov. Like the sign says in knick-knack stores: you broke it; you own it. For a few more weeks.

(Snip)

So MY unsolicited advice to President-Elect Trump — besides tapping Milo for either the UN or Press Secretary, wouldn’t that be fabulous? — is to pay as little attention as possible to the bandwagon-hoppers. Ride the horse that brung ya; trust the people who have been with you all the way. And do something unique in the annals of politics and keep your promises. Hire the best possible people with absolutely no thought to “diversity” for its own sake. Please just look for the best of the best. To help dig us out of this 8-year mess. Our beloved country deserves no less. Me for poet laureatess?

Just curious, is that a salaried job or piecework? Can you work from home?

• Like 1

Is Obama's World a Utopian Myth?

View all posts from this blog

By Pat Buchanan | November 18, 2016

Speaking in Greece on his valedictory trip to Europe as president, Barack Obama struck a familiar theme: "(W)e are going to have to guard against a rise in a crude form of nationalism, or ethnic identity, or tribalism that is built around an 'us' and a 'them' . .

"(T)he future of humanity and the future of the world is going to be defined by what we have in common, as opposed to those things that separate us and ultimately lead us into conflict."

That the world's great celebrant of "diversity" envisions an even more multicultural, multiethnic, multiracial America and Europe is not news. This dream has animated his presidency.

But in this day of Brexit and president-elect Donald Trump new questions arise. Is Obama's vision a utopian myth? Have leaders like him and Angela Merkel lost touch with reality? Are not they the ones who belong to yesterday, not tomorrow? Scissors-32x32.pnghttps://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/is-obamas-world-a-utopian-myth/