Here are all the fake 'news' sites to watch out for on Facebook

Valin

http://www.dailydot.com/layer8/fake-news-sites-list-facebook/'>Daily Dot
Nov. 16 2016

The hot new thing in the world of media is websites that are completely bogus.

Facebook, a primary driver of traffic to publications, has come under fire for allowing the promotion of fake news websites and sites that deal in conspiracy theories rather than facts. Some Facebook employees even reportedly revolted and took matters into their own hands.

Many have questioned whether the rise of fake news contributed to the election victory of President-elect Donald Trump, and both Facebook and Google have responded by cutting these sites out of their advertising networks and otherwise making their stories harder to find. And PolitiFact, a Pulitzer Prize-winning fact-checking site, has launched a new section devoted to fake news.

But those sites are still out there, and someone on your Facebook friend's list is probably sharing one of their stories right now.

(Snip)

Below is the complete list, which Zimdars published under a Creative Commons license that allows publishers to freely reprint the list. Keep in mind: Not all of these sites are intentionally spreading fake news, so pay attention to the rating. You can also view the original list here.

(Snip)

H/T Andrew Klavan Show

• Like 1

Read this! Give special attention to the list of trusted sites. The author of the article is a Journalism Professor. And I think his trusted list is BS. NPR? The batistion of non-left wing stuff? I just don't think so.

And it seems to me they are thrashing some blogs who are actually doing the work that a responsible press used to do before they got so lazy that they make neutered tomcats look feisty.

• Like 1