'Suck it up': Lawmaker wants to cut funding for schools coddling students over Trump

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
suck-it-up-lawmaker-wants-to-cut-funding-for-schools-coddling-students-over-trump.htmlFox News:

An Iowa lawmaker is looking to slash funding for public colleges spending money on grief counseling and other kid-glove treatment for students upset over last week’s presidential election results -- telling snowflakes everywhere: “Suck it up, buttercup.”

Since Donald Trump’s upset victory last Tuesday, colleges across the country have brought in therapy dogs, canceled exams and held “cry-ins” on campus.

But Republican state Rep. Bobby Kaufmann says he will introduce a “suck it up, buttercup” bill in January when the Iowa State Legislature resumes, in a bid to fight back against campus coddling.

The bill would hit taxpayer-funded state universities with a budget cut for double the amount they spend on such election-related activities. Kaufmann emphasized that existing therapy and mental health services are not being targeted.

“I saw schools with rising, skyrocketing tuition costs where they are also finding money and expenditures for things such as cry rooms. I heard reports of rooms where you can play with Play-Doh, where you can color on books and talk about your feelings, and I was hearing reports of some schools that were bringing in ponies to be able get students through the election,” he told "Fox & Friends" on Wednesday.

After receiving hundreds of emails of support from across the country, Kaufmann also has set up a website where supporters can "Adopt a Trump protester" and get a "suck it up, buttercup" hat for $17.76. He says he hopes other states pursue similar legislation.

"I believe I'm the first," he told FoxNews.com, when asked if other lawmakers were following his example. "I wanted to fire a political warning shot."

________

No more safe spaces for you at our expense, kids.