Should Keith Ellison be DNC Chairman? Bernie's Leading the Lobbying Effort

Geee

should-keith-ellison-be-dnc-chairman-bernies-leading-the-lobbying-effortPJ Media:

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is working to ensure that the co-chairman of the Congressional Progressive Caucus becomes the man who leads the Democratic Party through the midterm election cycle.

Sanders is gathering online petition signatures to deliver to the Democratic National Committee on behalf of putting Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) at the helm.

"You cannot be a party which on one hand says we're in favor of working people, we're in favor of the needs of young people but we don't quite have the courage to take on Wall Street and the billionaire class. People do not believe that. You've got to decide which side you're on," the petition states.

It includes a quote from Bernie: "We must also do everything we can to elect Democrats in Congress in 2018, and to take back the White House in 2020," the senator said. "We need a Democratic National Committee led by a progressive who understands the dire need to listen to working families, not the political establishment or the billionaire class. That is why I support Keith Ellison to be the next Chair of the Democratic National Committee, and why I hope you'll join me in advocating for him to lead the DNC."Scissors-32x32.png