Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-141.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

Nov. 11 2016

Ammo Grrrll resumes her normal broadcasting schedule with NO HUGGING; NO LEARNING. She writes:

Years ago, I saw a great special on Jerry Seinfeld and his eponymous sitcom in which he said (paraphrasing, not exact quoting…) that they wanted a character-driven sitcom in which the all-too-human characters did not “learn” moral lessons – like in, say, Little House on the Prairie – but at the end of the day went right on being the same flawed, neurotic beings, they always were. Or, as Jerry termed it, “No hugging; no learning.”

Instead of “Stronger Together’ – which would be a great motto for a lynch mob – the DNC and their media mouthpieces should adopt the motto “No hugging; no learning.” Own it, you morons! You are absolutely incapable of learning the most basic courtesy, to say nothing of clever strategy. Please, I’m begging you, continue on this path by all means. Follow your mentor, Alinsky, right over the cliff.

Sure, Hillary was a terrible candidate with enough baggage to pack for a 3-month trip around the world without even wearing the same ugly pantsuit twice. A terrible candidate was a necessary but insufficient condition for the disaster that befell them. But, when it’s all boiled down, they lost from denigrating, insulting and smearing some 50 million people as “racist…blahblahblah…deplorables.” A tisket, a tasket, you blew it with that basket.

(Snip)

And on and on. John wrote on Wednesday about Slate magazine’s postmortem cover with headlines like “Trump Won Promising Resurgent White Supremacy” and “I am a Gay Jew in Trump’s America and I am Afraid for My Life” by one histrionic Mark Joseph Stern. Markie, honey, coincidentally I am also a Happy Jew in Trump’s America and I was afraid for Israel and Jews on campus UNTIL Trump won. So take a Valium or do some Tai Chi or something and relax. You will be just fine. Option B is to live somewhere you can carry a 9 mm Walther PPQ at all times. Or any weapon of your choice, now that Hillary won’t be taking them.

(Snip)

But that’s a downer to contemplate on this happy day. So let’s end on a high note.

Inspired by David Brooks, a Democrat who identifies as a conservative for 30 pieces of silver, and since weekly columnist for Power Line is an unremunerated pleasure, I have decided to apply to be a LIBERAL spokesdrone on NPR. My liberal bona fides are surely as stellar as Mr. Brooks’s are “conservative.” I think I have the snotty, superior tone almost down if I can stifle that Minnesota accent that makes me sound kind of overly friendly, yet boring. Think Walter Mondale in drag. Alas, I have a face made for radio, but a voice made for the printed word.