Speaker Paul Ryan on What You Get With a Unified Republican Government in 2017

Valin

speaker-paul-ryan-2016-campaign-special-session-repeal-obamacareHugh Hewitt Show:

Duane Patterson

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Audio

(Snip)

HH: Mr. Speaker, let’s go to policy. I know you voted for Donald Trump this week. He promised yesterday with Mike Pence at his side, your friend, Mike Pence, that he’ll hold a special session to repeal Obamacare and replace it. Premiums in North Carolina, there’s one plan now for 85% of individual participants. That plan went up 24% after a 30% hike the previous year. The Benchmark plan in Phoenix went up 145%. Pat Toomey was just on. The average increase in Pennsylvania is 50%. This is a massive fail that is hitting people right in their checkbook in the way they provide for their families. What are you going to do about it if the House majority is returned, a Senate majority comes in, and Donald Trump holds that special session? What do we replace it with?

PR: We are ready. We are ready to do it. Go to www.better.gop. We have a six point plan that we’re running on, which is showing what we can accomplish in 2017 with a unified Republican government. And the point I was trying to make yesterday, because I early voted for our nominee, for Donald. I early voted for my Senator, Ron Johnson, and obviously for Congress so that we can keep a unified Republican government. A unified Republican government, and really only a unified Republican government can get you a replacement for Obamacare, which is, as you say, absolutely failing. The actuaries call it a death spiral. So you go to www.better.gop, and you’ll see our full-scale replacement plan for Obamacare – patient-centered health care with more choices, with more competition, lower prices. You get to buy what you want. You get to buy what your family needs. And we make competition, free market competition, is what will keep providers accountable and bring competition into the system instead of this government monopoly bureaucracy, which is giving us these massive, staggering price increases. Kaiser tells us that about, almost a third of the counties in America have only one choice. That’s really not a choice.

(Snip)