Trump is right: The United States needs electoral reform

Draggingtree

?utm_term=.7983181e9d7e:

Trump is right: The United States needs electoral reform

By Michael McFaul

October 31 at 8:41 PM

Michael McFaul is director of the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies, a Hoover fellow at Stanford University and a contributing columnist to The Post. He was previously special assistant to President Obama at the National Security Council from 2009 to 2012 and U.S. ambassador to Russia from 2012 to 2014.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has claimed that the U.S. presidential election is rigged. In other countries where free and fairness of elections are suspect, political and societal leaders often call upon international short-term and long-term election monitors to observe their polls and render an assessment.

I have served on multiple international elections missions, several times in Russia and once in Morocco, and have read hundreds of other election monitoring reports. I have some ideas of what I would write in my report if I were invited to join an international election mission observing the 2016 U.S. presidential election. My bottom line up front: Trump is right; there are irregularities in the American campaign and electoral process that require reform, but they are not the ones Trump usually cites. Scissors-32x32.png

wallbash.gif

@Draggingtreee

I wonder if Mr McFaul has ever read any history?

History to him and many more is something that's outdated and needs to be up-date to the "New World Order" of thinking