Ammon Bundy: 'We will continue to stand'

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
ammon_bundy_we_will_continue_t.htmlOregon Live:

"We will continue to stand," Ammon Bundy vowed Monday as he prepared to head this week to Nevada to face the next trial in his fight against the federal government after his stunning courtroom triumph in Oregon.

"It was our duty to stand. We did it peacefully. We did it legally, and the jury's verdicts confirmed that,'' Bundy said during a phone call with The Oregonian/OregonLive from the Multnomah County Detention Center.

The leader of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge takeover also added his voice to the call for prosecutors to drop charges against other occupiers scheduled to face trial on the same conspiracy charge in February. Defense lawyers want U.S. attorneys to dismiss the case.

"There was no conspiracy," Bundy said. "It would be a waste of court time and resources."

He said he was optimistic last Thursday as he was led into the courtroom to hear the verdicts against him, his brother and five other defendants in the 41-day refuge seizure. He was the first to stand to hear the decision.

Once the judge read off "not guilty'' for him, he knew everyone else also had been acquitted, he said.

"I felt pretty comfortable. I felt at peace with what was going to happen,'' he said. "I knew what we did was right. We had no ill intent.''

________

Bundy's Law?