Kemper County Mississippi bans clown

Geee

kemper-county-bans-clownsWatchdog.org:

The Kemper County Board of Supervisors approved a measure Monday that makes it illegal for anyone to appear in public in a clown costume, clown mask or clown makeup until the day after Halloween in the Mississippi county. The board felt the ordinance was necessary in light of the creepy clown phenomenon sweeping the nation.

Sheriff James Moore requested the ordinance in the previous week’s meeting, arguing the national trend of people dressing up as clowns to scare others “had gotten out of hand.”

According to the new law, appearing in public in clown regalia of any kind will cost perpetrators $150.

Critics of the board’s decision to fine clowns point out that dress is constitutionally protected as a form of free expression. Constitutional attorney Matt Steffey referred to the law as “troublesome” and suggested clown conduct should be tied to public menacing if the behavior proves problematic.Scissors-32x32.png

kemper-county-bans-clowns:

The Kemper County Board of Supervisors approved a measure Monday that makes it illegal for anyone to appear in public in a clown costume, clown mask or clown makeup until the day after Halloween in the Mississippi county. The board felt the ordinance was necessary in light of the creepy clown phenomenon sweeping the nation.

I sorry, could some kind soul please explain this to me (small words please)

kemper-county-bans-clowns:

I sorry, could some kind soul please explain this to me (small words please)

I heard it had something to do with the Presidential candidates making appearances thereohmy.pngwink.png

• Like 1