Draggingtree

?tid=sm_fb:

Raising barriers

A New Age of Walls · Episode 1

Coming Oct. 12

By Samuel Granados, Zoeann Murphy,
Kevin Schaul and Anthony Faiola

Published Oct. 12, 2016

A generation ago, globalization shrank the world. Nations linked by trade and technology began to erase old boundaries. But now barriers are rising again, driven by waves of migration, spillover from wars and the growing threat of terrorism. Scissors-32x32.png

Fenced out

A New Age of Walls · Episode 2

Coming Oct. 14

By Samuel Granados, Zoeann Murphy,
Kevin Schaul and Anthony Faiola

Published Oct. 14, 2016

Until the upheaval of 2015, Europe was home to the world’s most open frontiers. But within months, a messy effort to halt a mass flow of migrants fleeing wars in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan cascaded into the construction of more border fences than anywhere else on the globe. For the most part, the once-open door to Europe has closed. Scissors-32x32.png

Concrete divisions

A New Age of Walls · Episode 3

Coming Oct. 17

By Samuel Granados, Zoeann Murphy and Kevin Schaul

Published Oct. 17, 2016

A debate over extending the wall on the U.S.-Mexico border has been a noisy centerpiece of this year’s presidential election. A journey from San Diego to Brownsville, Tex., offers an up-close view into what it would take to complete a barrier along the Rio Grande — and at the lives of those already divided. Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

A majority of Americans do not support the idea of a border-long wall.

Does mean people don't want control of our borders? I think not.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More to follow. I would add this too is part of The Hinge of History.

• Like 1

I recall being in Ireland with a group in 81, one woman was from Brownsville Tx. She was telling tales of living on the border...they weren't positive tales.

The Real solution of our border problem is to be found South of the border not north. Ever notice we don't have a similar problem on the northern border....1,000's of Canadians sneaking across the border? There might be a reason for that.

• Like 1

@Draggingtree

A majority of Americans do not support the idea of a border-long wall.

Does mean people don't want control of our borders? I think not.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More to follow. I would add this too is part of The Hinge of History.

Take the time and watch the videos they are interesting and they cover what's going on overseas with those borders, cool.png