Liberal Attempts to Silence Dissenters Will Not End Well

Draggingtree

liberal-attempts-to-silent-dissenters-will-not-end-well-n2227926Townhall:

Liberal Attempts To Silence Dissenters Will Not End Well

Kurt Schlichter Posted: Oct 06, 2016 12:01 AM

|So, that man in “Freedom of Speech,” the famous Norman Rockwell painting of an America exercising one of the liberals’ least favorite rights, stands up in 2016 to say his peace and … it will not end well. You see, to liberals, what our guy has to say isn’t important – what’s important to liberals is to shut him up. It’s to punch down upon him with cheap mockery so he’s beaten into submission. It’s to use shame to silence him and every other irredeemable deplorable in order to consolidate their progressive death grip upon America’s throat.

This will not end well.

See, a republic with democratic features like the United States can’t function without the possibility of discussion. It needs citizens to have the ability to rationally debate the issues, to be heard so that they can perceive the process as fair and one where they are equal participants. But that’s exactly what liberals, with tactics like political correctness, Jon Stewarty snark, and the outright lies of their vinyl-body-suited mainstream media chorus, seek to prevent. Scissors-32x32.png

It Probably Won’t End Well

By Paul H. Yarbrough on Oct 17, 2016

Kurt Schlichter wrote an interesting article on Town Hall recently entitled Liberal Attempts to Silence Dissenters Will Not End Well. I thoroughly enjoyed (and agreed with) it. There was a place for comments at the bottom and I toyed with the thought of inserting my comment which would have entailed or encapsulated the words of Lord Acton and/or Robert E. Lee after THE War. However, even those who bevel genuine conservative angles to their voices somehow will recoil when the notion is presented that the most important event in the history of the American federated republic beyond the breaking away from the British Empire was the comparable War for Southern Independence and its results.

Now the readers of the article, I suspect, are not of the Jesse Watters caliber and Schlichter seems a clear-headed type himself. But I have this deep feeling down to my bones that if anyone suggest he is a conservative and then comments on the WSI not as The Civil War, and even worse suggest that A. Lincoln was not the first Apostle since Paul, then he is only a conservative wannabe. I have seen this occur on cable news-talk discussions more than once. I doubt that I would be the exception and nobody even knows me. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/blog/it-probably-wont-end-well/