The Moral Challenge

Draggingtree

moral-challengeRicochet:

The Moral Challenge

MJBubba October 14, 2016 17 COMMENTS

The election of 2016 provides a moral challenge. I think the responses reveal moral confusion.

I have been reading about how “morally compromised” I am alleged to be. This comes from the NeverTrump crowd. I see it here at Ricochet, and I see it at National Review, and I see it from elected Republicans. I have been called “immoral” so many times that I am feeling cranky about it. I am writing this post to push back against the charge that I am immoral because I prefer Donald J. Trump over Hillary R. Clinton.

I think some of my accusers display moral confusion, while others are simply making a choice that is different from my choice. Both candidates present choices that have problems with moral aspects. There are no choices that can be characterized as “morally good.”

It seems to me to be poor form to say that someone who comes to a different choice

than you must be morally defective.

National Review and the “Morally Compromised”

I saw my position called “immoral” on Monday in the comments at Majestyk’s post.

Satisfying eloquence, spiced with appropriate, expletive invective vengeance.

Sick and disgusting.

"Trump could whip his Plonk out and pish in Anderson Cooper’s face on live TV…

…Still voting for him."

Go ahead and own that.

Count me out.

Thank you for your input. Read my tag-line & vote Illary. I didn't post to offend you. I cleaned it up twice...after the site cleaning. This thread is called Moral Challenge. You've obviously made a choice based on your feelings about Trump. That's OK. Others haven't. This was posted for them. God bless.