U.S. Launches Strikes in Yemen After Missiles Aimed at American Ships

clearvision

u-s-launches-strikes-yemen-after-missiles-aimed-american-ships-n665506NBC News:

The U.S. military launched Tomahawk cruise missiles against coastal radar sites in Yemen early Thursday, following two incidents this week in which missiles were fired at a U.S. Navy ship from a rebel-controlled area of the country, a senior defense official said.

The missiles were launched at around 4 a.m. Thursday local time (9 p.m. Wednesday ET), and initial assessments were that all three sites in rebel Houthi-controlled areas were destroyed, the official said.

-----------

Here we go...

The Danger Of Empty Threats

by George P. Shultz

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Editor’s note: This essay is an excerpt of the new Hoover Press book, Learning from Experience.

Sometimes small events have a major impact on your thinking. I remember boot camp and the day my Marine Corps drill sergeant handed me my rifle. “This is your best friend,” he said. “Take good care of it and remember: never point this rifle at anybody unless you’re willing to pull the trigger.”

The lesson—no empty threats—was one I have never forgotten. Its relevance to the conduct of diplomacy is obvious, yet often ignored. If you say something is unacceptable but you are unwilling to impose consequences when it happens, your words will lose their meaning and you will lose credibility. But the lesson is also broader, as in any deal-making. If you are known as someone who delivers on promises, then you are trusted and can be dealt with. As my friend Bryce Harlow often said, “Trust is the coin of the realm.

At the same time, we should never lose sight of the consequences of our threats or decisions. One memory of combat sticks with me. During World War II there was a sergeant Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.hoover.org/research/danger-empty-threats

Iran Laughs

Barky...under pResident Jarrett's direction, gives $150 billion to Iran.

Iran buys Chinese missiles for Yemen's Houthi crew.

Houthi's send missiles toward US warships.

Why can't Barky eliminate the middle-man & just shoot missiles at our own ships? Or...better yet...just say we did?

I remember reading about NYC's old elevated train track, that was scrapped sold to Japan, who then shot it back at us during WWII.

Maybe one day, our own uranium will be returning back to us by airmail from Russia?