Trumped-Up Outrage

Draggingtree

trumped-outrage-14777.htmlCity Journal:

Trumped-Up Outrage

The Left condemns the GOP candidate even as it celebrates crudity and sexual exhibitionism throughout the culture.

Heather Mac Donald

October 9, 2016

Politics and law

Democrats and their media allies, joined by many Republicans, are calling on Donald Trump to withdraw from the presidential race after a newly released, decade-old tape of a frat-house-level conversation between Trump and television host Billy Bush in 2005, in which Trump boasted of his heavy-handed pursuit of females. Trump describes trying unsuccessfully to seduce a married woman by taking her furniture shopping, speaking in the crudest terms. He brags that because he was a star he could “grab [females] by the pussy” and claims to Bush that he starts kissing beautiful women “like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.” Bush eggs him on: “Whatever you want!” (Bush being a more admiring confidante than Leporello to Don Giovanni).

The response has been swift and apocalyptic. Hillary Clinton tweeted: “This is horrific. We cannot allow this man to become president.” Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine told reporters: “It makes me sick to my stomach.” Slate’s science editor wrote that “I feel sicker after seeing it than I can remember feeling in a while.” Scissors-32x32.png

The Second Presidential Ambush, er, Debate

"It's one-on-three," Trump rejoined at one point. He was right.

Nate Jackson · Oct. 10, 2016

This was not a debate, it was a seemingly coordinated ambush of Donald Trump by Hillary Clinton, Martha Raddatz and Anderson Cooper. The “moderators” asked questions from the town hall audience, from social media, and of their own. There were questions about ObamaCare, Clinton’s email and her deplorable remarks, but it was clear from the outset that Clinton had a tag team in the moderators, who incessantly interrupted Trump, chased him for the answer they wanted or flat out cut him off in the middle of answers. Not once did they do that to Clinton. They both actually debated him on his tax returns and Syria. “It’s one-on-three,” Trump rejoined at one point. He was right, and in spite of it all he had a pretty good night.

The bias extended to the treatment of the audience. Early on, Raddatz rebuked Trump supporters for cheering, but not 30 seconds later, Hillary’s fans went wild without a word from the moderators. Five minutes later, the moderators chastised Trump supporters again — Cooper even lectured, “You’re just wasting time.” Scissors-32x32.pnghttps://patriotpost.us/articles/45281