Time for Trump to Go

Valin

time-trump-goNational Review/The Corner:

Andrew C. McCarthy

October 8, 2016

When it comes to societal perceptions, audio and video changes everything, as * Charles Krauthammer incisively explains. We really don’t know anything about Donald Trump today that we didn’t know yesterday. But the power of a tape to make its mark on our consciousness is simply unequaled by written and oral descriptions. Very often, an accused who faces devastating eyewitness testimony rolls the dice and goes to trial, hoping the witnesses’ accounts can be shaken. But a defendant facing a tape-recording of his crimes pleads guilty. That’s just the way it goes.

Trump should step aside. At this point, he is not electable.

This election is more of a commentary on the electorate than it is on the final two candidates, who were both fully known quantities throughout the process. So it is a tragic reflection of what we’ve become that Hillary Clinton is electable – albeit only in the sense that a large quantum of the electorate so despises Republicans that they will put aside their reservations about Mrs. Clinton, and another smaller but not inconsiderable slice remains enamored of the Clintons no matter how despicable they are. Importantly, the mainstream media, Hillary’s most consequential constituency, falls into both these camps.

Trump’s electability, on the other hand, has always hinged on a suspension of disbelief about who he is and the hyper-optimistic notion that he’d surround himself with solid people and let them govern. “Make America Great Again” is the “hope and change” of this cycle – an empty screen allowing supporters to ignore disturbing aspects of the candidate’s background and project on him their own values.

Beyond that exercise in self-delusion, the two biggest things Trump has going for him are (1) Mrs. Clinton (the corrupt self-dealing, the criminality, the record, the mendacity, the political ineptitude, the health concerns, the fact that even most of those who will vote for her don’t like her); and (2) relatedly, the late Justice Antonin Scalia’s Supreme Court seat – the certainty that Mrs. Clinton would fill it (and other openings on the federal bench) with activists of the Lawyer Left, whereas with Trump, there is at least the chance that he would appoint constitutionalists. (This chance has been pooh-poohed by NeverTrumpers – understandably so, since it is the weakest point in their otherwise solid case. I think the commitments Trump has made in the campaign, including naming names he’d consider appointing, created the realistic expectation that he would follow through. Concededly, though, Trump is unreliable, so this expectation is more a hope than a lock.)

(Snip)

"Trump should step aside. At this point, he is not electable." -Andrew C. McCarthy

Trump says mean things, he needs to go.

LMFAO.gifLMFAO.gifLMFAO.gif

• Like 2

WestVirginiaRebel

If he does drop out I will gladly eat my Make America Great Again hat with a huge helping of crow pie. And if Mike Pence does take over, then who will his running mate be? This would be rather unprecedented, would it not?

Draggingtree

"Trump should step aside. At this point, he is not electable." -Andrew C. McCarthy

Trump says mean things, he needs to go.

LMFAO.gifLMFAO.gifLMFAO.gif

My, My we are not sinking, all I have to say stay the course, we may be taking on water but the bilge pumps should be able to handle flagday.gif

Paul Ryan heckled by Trump supporters in his district

ELKHORN, Wis. (AP) — House Speaker Paul Ryan was booed and heckled by Donald Trump supporters at a party unity rally in his congressional district Saturday, an event that the Republican nominee had originally planned to attend.

Ryan announced Friday that Trump was no longer welcome at the rally after a recording was released featuring the former reality TV star making vulgar comments about women. Trump's running mate Mike Pence was to fill in for Trump, but the Indiana governor canceled hours before the annual "Fall Fest" event began.

Defiant Trump supporters voiced their frustration at Ryan and other Republicans who spoke at the county fairgrounds in front of two large American flags, rows of pumpkins and stacks of straw. Ryan — who said Friday he was "sickened" by Trump's words — was heckled with shouts of "Shame on you!" and "You turned your backs on us!"Scissors-32x32.png

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/paul-ryan-heckled-trump-supporters-his-district

This is Sienfelds 'Bizarro World' where everything is upside down. Good is bad and bad is good.

• Like 3

Time to Jump Ship?
John Hinderaker
October 8, 2016

Republicans are deserting Donald Trump in droves. John McCain, Kelly Ayotte and Carly Fiorina are among the most prominent. Here in Minnesota, I think just about the entire Republican Party has disavowed him. Many people whose judgment I admire–Andy McCarthy, John Thune and Hugh Hewitt, to name just three–have called on Trump to step down. Are they right? I think the question needs to be examined from several angles.

First, the most recent revelation–Trump making crude comments on video in 2005–doesn’t materially change my evaluation of the candidates. I was never under any illusions as to Trump’s character, his competence or his conservatism. I think he is a horrible Republican nominee. But he is still better than Hillary Clinton. His character is no worse than Hillary’s, he is more conservative (or less liberal), and he would make a better president. So I have every intention of voting for him as the lesser of two evils. I strongly reject the idea that there is some kind of moral obligation to abandon Trump.

(Snip)

Finally, calling on Trump to resign signals, at best, an unprecedented and humiliating disarray within the GOP. It still may make sense if the party has an opportunity to substitute a better candidate with a greater chance of winning. But, as Paul noted earlier, it is not clear that such a switch is practical. If Mike Pence (not Mitt Romney) could be substituted on the ballot for Trump, it would be an improvement. But I doubt that any such smooth transition is possible.

(Snip)

Clips on the news this morning of screaming Trumpbots at the fairgrounds yesterday. One lady screaming that she'd like to look in Ryan, Walker and Johnson's closet to see what she would find. Well, what this lady doesn't know is that the Democrats have been looking in to those closets for years. If they had anything to pull out you would have already seen it. State Democrats did handstands with the Walker recall - they play super dirty here - that's why they had to invent John Doe investigations. They are super hyped to get their 'liberal hero' Feingold back. The best they could come up with against him in their ads is that he paid himself 10 mil out of his company before he let it go and became Senator. IT WAS HIS MONEY!!!! Get a grip. Ryan - the National Democratic Party has been trying to find something significant for 10 years. They couldn't find anything, so they came up with a stupid ad of him pushing an old lady over a cliff. All three of these men are closer to Ronald Reagan than Trump will ever be!!!!! Paul Ryan has tried to come up with real solutions to the debt, healthcare and social security - despite what you might hear otherwise. People like to listen to sound bites from the left AND the right. Like I said, it is a bizarro upside down world.

• Like 1

Clips on the news this morning of screaming Trumpbots at the fairgrounds yesterday. One lady screaming that she'd like to look in Ryan, Walker and Johnson's closet to see what she would find. Well, what this lady doesn't know is that the Democrats have been looking in to those closets for years. If they had anything to pull out you would have already seen it. State Democrats did handstands with the Walker recall - they play super dirty here - that's why they had to invent John Doe investigations. They are super hyped to get their 'liberal hero' Feingold back. The best they could come up with against him in their ads is that he paid himself 10 mil out of his company before he let it go and became Senator. IT WAS HIS MONEY!!!! Get a grip. Ryan - the National Democratic Party has been trying to find something significant for 10 years. They couldn't find anything, so they came up with a stupid ad of him pushing an old lady over a cliff. All three of these men are closer to Ronald Reagan than Trump will ever be!!!!! Paul Ryan has tried to come up with real solutions to the debt, healthcare and social security - despite what you might hear otherwise. People like to listen to sound bites from the left AND the right. Like I said, it is a bizarro upside down world.

Here we see the problems with the T-bots. One must never say anything negative about The Donald or even acknowledge his....(how shall I put this?) Shortcomings.

I'm sorry but the Bill Clinton did worse argument doesn't hold water with me. I hold our side to a higher standard.

That said I'm afraid for better or worse (and I suspect it will be worse) we are stuck with DT. Trump dropping out now (and make no mistake he would not go gently into that goodnight) would guarantee a Clinton victory.

Once again..

"If Donald Trump were a Democratic mole placed in the Republican Party to disrupt things, how would his behavior be any different? I don't think so."

George F Will July 5 2015

Here we see the problems with the T-bots. One must never say anything negative about The Donald or even acknowledge his....(how shall I put this?) Shortcomings.

I'm sorry but the Bill Clinton did worse argument doesn't hold water with me. I hold our side to a higher standard.

That said I'm afraid for better or worse (and I suspect it will be worse) we are stuck with DT. Trump dropping out now (and make no mistake he would not go gently into that goodnight) would guarantee a Clinton victory.

Once again..

"If Donald Trump were a Democratic mole placed in the Republican Party to disrupt things, how would his behavior be any different? I don't think so."

George F Will July 5 2015

I am pretty much resigned to the fact that we are stuck with him, but it is awfully hard to hold your nose and vote for him. Everythime you think that maybe you can, he passes gas againblink.png