The National Anthem: a tale of two football teams

Valin

the-national-anthem-a-tale-of-two-football-teams.phpPower Line:

Paul Mirengoff

September 25, 2016

It will be a cold day in hell before I root for the New York Giants to beat the Washington Redskins (or any other team not named the Cowboys). But after today’s game between New York and Washington (won, somehow, by the Redskins), I have a strange new respect for the football Giants.

Why? Because every member of the team stood with respect during the playing of our National Anthem. No sitting, kneeling, bowed heads, or raised fists — at least not from I could tell or what Fox reported.

The Giants apparently made a collective decision fully to honor our country before the game. Running back Rashad Jennings explained: “What I think we’re going to do is stand, and play ball, and find another way to attack the issue outside of the national anthem.”

Spot on. We constantly hear that the players who show disrespect during the playing of the Anthem are trying to start a discussion about policing and/or “social justice.” But if you want to start a discussion, then start discussing. Explain, preferably via a newspaper or internet article, your beef with America.

(Snip)

Melissa-Click-Police-Body-Cam-2-e1455553

This Is Why We Can't Ever Have Nice Things

• Like 2

the-national-anthem-a-tale-of-two-football-teams.php:

Paul Mirengoff

September 25, 2016

It will be a cold day in hell before I root for the New York Giants to beat the Washington Redskins (or any other team not named the Cowboys). But after today’s game between New York and Washington (won, somehow, by the Redskins), I have a strange new respect for the football Giants.

Why? Because every member of the team stood with respect during the playing of our National Anthem. No sitting, kneeling, bowed heads, or raised fists — at least not from I could tell or what Fox reported.

The Giants apparently made a collective decision fully to honor our country before the game. Running back Rashad Jennings explained: “What I think we’re going to do is stand, and play ball, and find another way to attack the issue outside of the national anthem.”

Spot on. We constantly hear that the players who show disrespect during the playing of the Anthem are trying to start a discussion about policing and/or “social justice.” But if you want to start a discussion, then start discussing. Explain, preferably via a newspaper or internet article, your beef with America.

(Snip)

Melissa-Click-Police-Body-Cam-2-e1455553

This Is Why We Can't Ever Have Nice Things

I didn't get to watch America's (mine) team did either team take a knee or raised fist ?